Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Tower!

rgardner518

Is there a way to attach something to my mega tree head that way when its up all the way, I'm using the main pole of my tree as a Light tower?

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and how it worked?

Photos would be great! The video shows it in action. I think it would be cool going up the middle of the mega tree. And this way your combining to things into one. I'm not sure how they would look on at the same time. But I was thinking about having them on at different times, so they did not interfere with each other in regards to looks.

For anyone who does not know what a light tower is, this is from the website of christmaslightshow.com:

Attached files 277382=15362-light_tower_stacker_1_tn.jpg

i am working on something like that now.
10ft light pole 7 sections. got tree topper to attach to top of pole. and a 3d star for top of that. hope to bulid this weekend.

so plan is to turn my light pole into a light pole / megatree/webbertree/ rope light spin on pole with 3d star on top.

wish me luck. sounds good in my head, but the brain is 50 years old so it may be a little loose

I do that on my mega tree and this year I will be doing it on my spiral tree also. I have 8 sections. I just use a 1x2 with nails nailed into it and wrap the lights around them to form each section. Then just ziptie the board to the tree pole. You can see how it looks in some of my videos............Mike

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sparkylights

If I read your question right,

I did this to my 33' mega tree. Used PVC with lights wrapped around it and using 16 channels. Very nice effect. Here is a pic showing it in the mega tree.

Attached files 277518=15372-DSC00729 (640x480).jpg

Santas Helper wrote:

If I read your question right,

I did this to my 33' mega tree. Used PVC with lights wrapped around it and using 16 channels. Very nice effect. Here is a pic showing it in the mega tree.

Do you have a video of it in action? i don't understand how you got the lights up the pole and to look right. But you picture looks like what I looking to do!

Sorry, I do have video but haven't got it on the computer (lack of knowing what to do really).

I have a radio tower for my mega tree. Then I got PVC and wrapped the lights around it in 16 different channels and attached it to the tower/mega tree support.

I hope this helps.

I have 4 light pipes in 2 pairs 3 meters high and I have mine set up like the sound bars on a mixing desk, 6 channels each pair of pipes 4 white 1 yellow and 1 red at the top (plus spiral lights running up each one for a different effect) . No video yet as our camera is stuffed. Hope to get a new one this week.:cool:

reitan_family wrote:

Nice clips on the you tube page. Might have to take a short road trip this year to see your display. Great job.
anytime...............