Light-O-Rama Forums

Free Sequence

JUN

Hi All, Could someone help me out on how to save a free sequence from someone else that's being offered here in the forum. I managed to download and saved one but everytime I tried to play the sequence/file it's giving me an error message of "cannot find media file". Thanks....

Make sure you have the audio file for the sequence in your "Audio" directory. (It's near the "sequences" directory.) Then "Edit -> Media" and choose the correct audio file.

I did that. I checked and the sequence is in the Audio directory. When I go to edit, media it does not give me another option. However when i try to play it says no background or something like that.

The way your message is written, it sounds like two different issues going on.

1) Make sure the audio file (.wav, .mp3, etc.) is in the "Audio" directory.

2) Make sure the sequence (.lms) is in the "Sequences" directory.

You should not have the .lms file in the audio directory.

The "no background" message you mention usually shows up when trying to view the animation of the sequence, and a picture background has been used. If you don't have that file on your computer, then it won't show up, and you will get that message.

(By the way, the audio and sequences directory were chosen the first time you ran LOR.)

If by chance you downloaded my Joy To The World sequence before I deleted the CCR import channel, and its asking for a media file, as Don said that's the audio, but it might also be looking for my CCR file location. if this is the sequence in question, just delete/remove the 1st channel in the grid called "SSL" and that will fix it

Or just go and download it again, that is the -CCR version

I don't know I seem not able to work it. There is something that I am doing wrong. I now have the music on my sequence editor but not the whole sequence from the original author.

I gues my other question is how would I re-associate the media file with sequence. I can see the file in LMS in the sequence directory and the same thing with the media file in audio directory. When I go to my sequence editor I choose new and then it defualts in the audio where I can see the media file. I then choose the file I wanted and then to LOR sequence options which I picked the saved channel config for my channel set up. I then get the music but not the sequence. When I downloaded the file I picked open which saved it and when it did not work I erased the file and pick save this time. Am i missing something?