|**********|
|__________|
|**********|
|__________|
|**********|
|__________|
|**********|
|__________|

Can I make the ********** one string of lights/fixture?

I also would like to solve this problem for icicles, (c-7 socket solid tube ones), which I will have > 16 on one channel.

I did read it I swear, I read it again and still can't find it.

I guess My explanation was bad: If I draw this as one string I get a zigzag pattern:
left -> right -> down -> Left -> down -> right -> right -> down -> Left -> down -> right...

I then want to delete the down segments.

In the language of the tutorial what I want to do is eliminate lights between two vertices. While keeping it one fixture.

No, what you want to do is create separate strings that are all part of one fixture, much like how it's explained to do the roof in the tutorial...

"Now let's create another string. Start at the left of the second peak and draw up to the top, then back down to the right, ending with a double click. A new dialog appears that allows you to assign this new drawing to an existing fixture, or to use it as the basis for a new one (if you were not prompted, delete this new drawing, go to "File / Options / 4. Fixtures" and change the "Assume the fixture is new" dropdown from "Always" to "Ask", and then try again).

Since this is another roof string, select the "Roof Outline" fixture. By repeating these steps, you can create lights on different parts of your stage that all behave using the same channels. Your roof now consists of two separate strings."

Whoa, subtly there. You can add a new string to an existing fixture instead of a prop. My brain just kept inserting prop there in instead of fixture. I'll give it a try tonight.

Thanks for your patience.