Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer copy and delet

plasmadrive

I just started to use this program today. I have found a problem, at least for me, but perhaps I am using it wrong.

I have a right and a left tree. I put a sting of lights on the left tree then did it for the right tree. When the dialog box came up I just assumed it used the left as a reference and I could just change the name and channel assignments.. Not the case. When I did that it associated them as one. I could not delete the right tree by itself so I deleted the whole thing. I then went and made the left tree all over again. I wanted to just copy that like a template and just rename and reassign it.. Can't seem to do that.

The bummer is that I have nine other larger trees that I want to copy and paste and just change channel assignments to without redrawing each time...

Am I missing something or is there no way to do that?

You can do just that.

I have the same right and left tree. I made my left tree prop (left Z tree) and copied it. Then I pasted it. In the right hand window a "left Z tree copy" appeared along with a copy of the tree in the visualizer in the upper left hand corner. I simply moved the tree to where I wanted it.

Then I double clicked on the 'left Z tree copy'. A new window will open. Here you can rename it and also assign different channels to the strings.

Ok.. I think I made it work.. I tried that very thing before the the pop window kept coming up.. for some reason it is working now.. Perhaps I was in Props instead of Fixtures..

Anyway, Thanks!