Jump to content

LOR Unit Quit Working


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just finished up my first musical sequence. When I was not running the show, I had uploaded a standalone sequence to the unit. All was well for the first two days. I looked out and noticed that a couple of my channels were no longer working during the show. At first I thought I may have blown one of the fuses. So I unplugged the power cables and checked the fuses with a VOM. Both were good. I plugged the unit back in and after that, only one of the channels worked in twinkle mode. All other channels were dead.

I checked all connections and decided that I would try the standalone program. It didnt work either. I then tried to replace the standalone program with a new one (very small) thinking that maybe at had became corrupt. It uploaded to the unit successfully but after that, NOTHING worked. I checked the LED inside the unit and it would blink one time on power up and then would stay out. When I would use the hardware utility, it scans for the unit and finds it as an UNKNOWN DEVICE. I couldn't test any of the channels, send up any new standalone programs. It would error out with retries. No deletion of existing standalone program. The LED on the controller board was not lit. No blinking. Nothing. The only thing that seemed to work was the Auto Configure button which would correctly identify the unit.

I set the unit ID to 0,0 and powered it up. The LED flashed on/off several times. I unplugged the unit and set the Unit ID back to 0,1. This fixed most of the problems. I can now test the channels. I will reconnect to outside lights tonight. LED now blinks on/off normally and stays on solid when I connect my laptop to it.

All seems to be well now, but I am concerned as to why the unit quit working initially. I am also concerned that since this problem occured it identifies the unit as an UNKNOWN DEVICE after scanning network. Is this normal? Is there something I should look for or change?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought "Unknown Device" came into play when a file didn't get upgraded in the Hardware Utility process. It's a text file, as I understand it, that LOR refers back to so it can figure out what's what.

Other things to check: Make sure you don't have a stand-alone animation loaded at the same time your trying to run a musical sequence. Most of the time, (but not always) you are going to run into problems. (Only to be amplified if you have the controller connected into the network.)

A reset is a wonderful thing. Dan will probably have to jump in and mention what might have been wrong ... (or what possible things a reset could fix.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response. The text file that you are referring to. Is that the same as the firmware download available on the LOR website? I see the firmware for the 'BlueBoard' version (which I have). Should I run this upgrade?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, it's part of the upgrade to the Hardware Utility. If you update the HWU, you are asked about two files that (should) already exist, and do you want to overwrite the file. It's nothing more than a file that translate LOR speak to human. It shouldn't affect the operation any... (as best I understand things.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am glad this conversation happened, saved me asking the same thing. I upgraded the firmware to 4.01 and i had the same issue. All solved with the upgrade to the Hardware utility.

Cheers Don!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...