Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing a show on LOR

Guest guest

I am getting ready to hook up all of my boxes. I hooked on box up to my computer via the cat5 cable and attemped to run my show but can't seem to get it to work. i created a show and even set a time to run it but it does not start and i can not figure out what is happining and why i can not seem to get the show to work. when i go into the hardwear i can use the test and get the lights to do stuff but that is it. do i need to hook up all 10 of my boxes to get it to work or what should i do to get the show to run

overeazy wrote:

I am getting ready to hook up all of my boxes. I hooked on box up to my computer via the cat5 cable and attemped to run my show but can't seem to get it to work. i created a show and even set a time to run it but it does not start and i can not figure out what is happining and why i can not seem to get the show to work. when i go into the hardwear i can use the test and get the lights to do stuff but that is it. do i need to hook up all 10 of my boxes to get it to work or what should i do to get the show to run

Note the COMn port that your controllers on in the Hardware Utility, then stop the Hardware Utility and start the Sequence Editor. Click Edit -> Preferences -> Nework Preferences. In the Net Pref box, make sure the COM port from the Hardware Utility is selected under Light-O-Rama, set Dasher & X10 to none and click OK. Your COM port must be less than COM11. Make sure Control Lights is checked in the play menu and try playing one of your sequences in the Sequence Editor. If it works here, stop the Seq Editor, you should be good to go.

overeazy wrote:

That helped but my problem was that i was never informed about the enable shows button so i never had that clicked but now I have it all up and running

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing when I first set up my shows. Glad to hear you are up and running.

Chris:waycool: