Light-O-Rama Forums

16 channel controller will not turn all channels on at once

Guest guest

I have two 16 channel LOR boxes. My shows appear to be running fine. However I had a reporter over at the house tonight to take some pictures for a local paper. I tried to turn on all the lights at once, but all lights on controller one did a quick blink and then went off. I am guessing I am overloading the contoller by doing that. I am only running the little plastic lights with maybe 2-3 strands per connections. I am sure I have times in my songs where all the lights come on, but I do not remember seeing them all go off. Very strange.

Flanman

Flanman,

My first controller I bought in Feb. 06 had an issue that showed very much like your explaining. When did you purchase your controllers? If around the time when LOR first got units back in stock, then yours may have the same problem.

The problem was faulty voltage regulators that would not allow all channels to work.

Just a thought to help you figure out your problem.

Chuck

I have first controller set as 1 and second as number 2. I bought my controller in Dec 2005 last year. I am wondering if I am having the faulting power issue. I will check with them directly.

Thanks for the feedback.

flanman wrote:

I have first controller set as 1 and second as number 2. I bought my controller in Dec 2005 last year. I am wondering if I am having the faulting power issue. I will check with them directly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Chuck is right, I forgot about that problem. Turning on all the optos(channels) simultaneously resulted in a voltage dip that reset the processor. Your board is potentially in the time frame where this problem existed. You can use the Hardware Utility to test for this.