Light-O-Rama Forums

stakes

Guest Don Gillespie

What I do with mine is to use a piece of rebar and then zip tie the candy cane to the rebar. those stakes always break

Guest Don Gillespie

james campbell wrote:

What I do with mine is to use a piece of rebar and then zip tie the candy cane to the rebar. those stakes always break

good answer thanks, I have to start thinking outside the box

I use a piece of 1/2" pvc.. cut at an angle to go in the ground, it slides inside the candy cane perfectly.. cut a slit for the wire.

Guest Don Gillespie

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I use a piece of 1/2" pvc.. cut at an angle to go in the ground, it slides inside the candy cane perfectly.. cut a slit for the wire.

Thanks TJ sometimes I just go brain dead for an hour or so

I usually just buy some spare candy canes after christmas when they are 75% off to replace broken ones--seems these are always left over. Won't help you now, but something to consider at the end of the year.

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

I usually just buy some spare candy canes after christmas when they are 75% off to replace broken ones--seems these are always left over. Won't help you now, but something to consider at the end of the year.

I just bought 18 more canes for $5.48 each at Walmart I picked up 9 green and 9 red looked like a good deal considering Canadian Tire is selling tham at $10.00 each

Don Gillespie wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

I just bought 18 more canes for $5.48 each at Walmart I picked up 9 green and 9 red looked like a good deal considering Canadian Tire is selling tham at $10.00 each

$5.48?!? Are these the 2-3' ones (I think they are 28") or are they the 6' ones? The 3 ft ones here (most common) are about $2-$2.50 here, so when they are on clearance they are less than a buck.

1958560188_e31988d39b.jpg
(not my canes).

You might check ebay too for a better price.

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote: $5.48?!? Are these the 2-3' ones (I think they are 28") or are they the 6' ones? The 3 ft ones here (most common) are about $2-$2.50 here, so when they are on clearance they are less than a buck.

(not my canes).

You might check ebay too for a better price.

Next they come on sale get me some

I bought a whack of Canadian Tire CC's last year when they were 5 bucks a piece. I had the same problem breaking the posts. As mine are used in rows, using 4 channels for a chase pattern, I took some 1x4's and drilled 15/16 holes spaced at 8 inches. I had to break off the little plastic piece on the bottom that the stake pushes into. I cut a narrow slot out from each hole to the edge to thread the wire through. I got I think 18 on a 12 footer. Makes it easier to carry and I don't have to drive stakes in the ground. Just wish they were as cheap this year.

Guest Don Gillespie

DavidK wrote:

I bought a whack of Canadian Tire CC's last year when they were 5 bucks a piece. I had the same problem breaking the posts. As mine are used in rows, using 4 channels for a chase pattern, I took some 1x4's and drilled 15/16 holes spaced at 8 inches. I had to break off the little plastic piece on the bottom that the stake pushes into. I cut a narrow slot out from each hole to the edge to thread the wire through. I got I think 18 on a 12 footer. Makes it easier to carry and I don't have to drive stakes in the ground. Just wish they were as cheap this year.

I like this idea also

I just saw these at Hobby Lobby. Noted because I have the exact same stakes for my snowflake markers and one broke. I just used a section of rebar as a long stake.