Light-O-Rama Forums

Good Mounting Frames?

WhoDat

I'm looking for some good mounting frames for the lor residential controllers. I saw some on here before, but I can't find them now. Can someone point me to what i'm looking for?

I saw some that were for one controller, and some that were for 2. They were metal, and were the type that pushed into the ground.

I guess I could just use fence post driven into the ground, but i guess i was looking for a more elegant solution.

Thanks In Advance!
WhoDat!

That's all I am using this year...a fence post with a small flat plate welded to it so I can better mount my enclosures (which each hold 4 boards / 64 channels)

WhoDat? wrote:

Thanks Jim! any chance you might have a picture?

LOL..nope...

but I might be able to get one AFTER I weld them up this week!! :shock:

I made all mine, they are made of 1 1/4" angle iron and stand 48" tall. They are strong enough so that I can drive them in the ground about 16" and that allows the controller plug ends to hang off the ground about 6" so the plug ends stay out of any possible water. Driving them in the ground 16" prevents them from being pulled out easily or without the use of some type of large pulling tool. I also use a special stainless steel bolt to secure the controllers to the brackets, so without the aid of a special tool they cannot be removed from the brackets. Makes me feel more comfortable knowing they cannot be taken easily.

Attached files 276436=15300-LOR Controller Mounting Bra

jimswinder wrote:

WhoDat? wrote:
Thanks Jim! any chance you might have a picture?

LOL..nope...

but I might be able to get one AFTER I weld them up this week!! :shock:
Going to take a picture before or after the epic fall?

I mount mine under my trees. Out of site and out of mind. And it keeps the weather off them too. This pic is a two foot tree but I also have four foot trees also.

Attached files 276678=15314-wire frame tree.JPG