Light-O-Rama Forums

vis

travis p

when drawing light strings in vis it stops responding and screen goes white when i force it to close i lose all work.im runing windows 7 on a quad core amd cpu with 12 gigs of ram.using s3 standard w/o super star no C.C.R.

help

well let me add this i have worked 8 hours seting up the visualizer i do not know if its my weak eyesight or my sensitive mouse or bugs that need to be worked out of it ie.santa drawing will not load from fixtures screen grays out at mega tree 5 not responding today issues .BIG learning curve here

Check you system file for errors, it seems like you've got a bunch of fixtures overlapping each other. Also, in looking at the snowman, you've got 225 light strings, that seems like a huge amount. You may be better to do it in single bulbs. I'm not sure of the max number of light strings in a fixture, but you're pushing or over the limit, which may be part of the crashing problem.

I wasn't able to duplicate your problem. I loaded your visualizer file and didn't have a problem. I was also able to draw multiple strings and didn't lock up, so it must be something outside of the visualizer that is causing it to lock up.

I know you have a lot of time into this file, but you probably should go back and look at the tutorial to see more efficient ways to create your fixtures/props. For example, you shouldn't have created 3 separate fixtures for your roof, 1 for each color. Instead, you should have created 1 fixture with 3 channels assigned to it (1 for each color). This is one of the examples in the tutorial.

mike the next time i post a help post with out reading the tut first the a kicking line will start at my front door i just did as you said a did the out line of house in 10 mins ooooh the time i wasted doing it the other way looks better to thanks again:]

No worries.

Everyone treats the Visualizer like the Animator simply because that is what they know. I can't blame them - I would think the same thing too.

I expect that next year people will have an AH-HA! moment and things will click.

The biggest change is to understand that the Visualizer is 'Object'-centric and vector based. You (the users) should be thinking more along the lines of creating fixtures and props rather than sticking a pixel at a particular place (like the animator). That's a big jump, and I know it will take time.