Light-O-Rama Forums

took video

Guest guest

I took a video of the display and I had a boombox out so you can hear us talking and walking and such and the sound is low. I know some people said they line up the wav in imovie or windows movie maker. I was wondering how you did this, is it hard? I have both programs so I was wondering how hard it is going to be to do it or is there an easier way/program to use to do it.

Thanks,

Rob

I don't use either iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, but all the basic video editing programs seem to have similar features. Assuming you have already imported your video along with the audio from the boombox into your video editing software program, move it to the timeline where it should show the video on one line and the accompanying audio on the first audio line. Then import the good audio into your video editing software and then move it to the next available audio line directly below the original audio file. Expand your timeline so you can clearly see the peaks and valleys of your audio waveforms. Move the "good" audio back an forth to line the waveform with the original audio. You can test the results out by playing the video and listening to see if the audio is in sync. If not, adjust the "good" audio again so that it is in sync and you hear only one audio output without an echo when viewing your video. Once you are satisfied that it the "good" has been synced with the original, delete the original and you are set to go.

If that doesn't work, maybe someone who uses either of the video editing software you have will give better directions. Good luck.

Tim

Another way to do this is to wire the sound directly from your boom box to the audio imput in your camera. You have to have the volume set correctly, otherwise the audio will distort if too loud, or be unable to hear it if too soft.

(For those of us that are video editting challenged or time challenged)