Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO in Concert

Guest guest

I know this is a little off topic, but since a lot of us use TSO (Trans-Siberina Orchestra) music I thought I might give a little feedback. I took my 10 year old son to their concert last night in Phoenix, AZ. It was amazing. The light/techno show alone is worth the price. This was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and I saw every rock band from the mid 80's to the mid 90's. The light show alone quickly humbles anything I ever thought of doing with LOR. The music was fantastic and they played everything you would want to hear. The concert was almost three hours long. Wizards of Winter, Queen of the Night, Christmas Eve/Sarajevo(twice), and A Mad Russian's Christmas were all breathtaking. If you have the chance to attend you will not regret it, and it was a very family friendly concert.

Flanman

skyrocket wrote:

My wife and I saw TSO in Dayton, OH a few weeks ago. I have to agree with you, IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

I do need to get a CD. Maybe on the next trip out.

Happy lighting.

Roger

Hey I was at that same show. The nutter center right?

:shock: SPOILER ALERT BELOW (Don't read if you are still going to see the concert this year...)

AMAZING SHOW!

...All that I know is, I now have to figure out how to hook up colored propane flame bursts to my LOR controller. :cryingdevil:

On Wizards, once the flamethrowers started, my wife just gave me the "Oh, no." look.

..."Oh, yeah." I'm sure I'll have warrants out from both the Electric Company AND the Fire Marshal soon! ;)

I'd love to add the lasers as well - but I think the FAA and FBI would frown on that. :{

My wife had a similar reaction. We were about 2/3 of the way up in the seats and still felt the heat from the propane tourches.

Yea, if anyone ever figures out how to limit the range of a laser (without using roofs) we would be set for outside light shows.

Someday. But it gives one a lot to think about. IDEAS IDEAS IDEAs :laughing:

OKChristmas wrote:

I have tickets to the TSO concert in Oklahoma City on December 15th. I can't wait. You've gotten me even more excited to see the show now.

Hey Marty, I'm going to the OKC show too and can't wait. I'm in section 5 on the floor. Maybe we could hook up.

Tom

Our son got us tickets to the TSO show here in Richmond, Va on the 15th. Only hope that it is the east coast group that does the drum solo (I'm a drummer). Can't wait for the show!