Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Director Startup Sequence

Guest guest

My transmitter takes 2-5 seconds to power on, so I need a startup sequence to get it going.

My question is what is the best way to control the transmitter channel using the MP3 Director. Should I turn the transmitter on in the startup sequence and completely leave the channel out of my show sequences? Or should I keep the transmitter channel in my show sequences and keep turning that channel on? I'm worried that the transmitter may turn off between sequences and then need 2-5 seconds to power on again.

I know this is covered for the PC based scheduler, just wondering if it would be the same for the MP3 Director and the new firmware.

I know I could test it out, but it's been a loooonnng 4 days getting ready.

Thanks for all of the help everyone, my show goes live tonight at 6PM. :waycool:

Mark

mb323 wrote:

My transmitter takes 2-5 seconds to power on, so I need a startup sequence to get it going.

My question is what is the best way to control the transmitter channel using the MP3 Director. Should I turn the transmitter on in the startup sequence and completely leave the channel out of my show sequences? Or should I keep the transmitter channel in my show sequences and keep turning that channel on? I'm worried that the transmitter may turn off between sequences and then need 2-5 seconds to power on again.

I know this is covered for the PC based scheduler, just wondering if it would be the same for the MP3 Director and the new firmware.

I know I could test it out, but it's been a loooonnng 4 days getting ready.

Thanks for all of the help everyone, my show goes live tonight at 6PM. :waycool:

Mark

Putting it in the startup sequence would only turn on the transmitter once.

Your best bet is to create a one minute animation sequence, and put it in the 'background' section of the show editor. Make sure you don't have the channel configured anywhere else, else you risk fading down the power supply (or worse, twinkling) to the transmitter.

Don, thanks for the reply, however I don't see a background sequence option on the LOR MP3 tab of the hardware utility.

But I think you answered my question, I will keep it on for all of my sequences.

Thanks,

Mark

mb323 wrote:

Don, thanks for the reply, however I don't see a background sequence option on the LOR MP3 tab of the hardware utility.

But I think you answered my question, I will keep it on for all of my sequences.

Thanks,

Mark

Sorry ... didn't read carefully! Suppose one day I should tinker with that option, so I know what I'm talking about, eh?

Don wrote:

Sorry ... didn't read carefully! Suppose one day I should tinker with that option, so I know what I'm talking about, eh?

No problem, I think we can cut you some slack since the new firmware is less than two weeks old. ;)

Don wrote:

mb323 wrote:

Thanks,

Mark

Don... I'll help you out.

You can turn on the transmitter in a startup sequence for a few seconds. Just make sure you have one channel defined in your sequences as always on.

mountainwxman wrote:

You can turn on the transmitter in a startup sequence for a few seconds. Just make sure you have one channel defined in your sequences as always on.

Thanks, that's the way I have it setup, I just wanted to make sure it was the best way. During testing I forgot to turn that channel on for one of my sequences which shut off the transmitter... doh.

Got it fixed now, I'll just have to be more careful.

Thanks,

Mark