Light-O-Rama Forums

Flood Area?

DearVBGuru

I have a lot of LED DMX flood lights that I am using for "washing". For example, I have a couple of large ash trees that I am using three LED flood lights at the base to uplight the trunk and branches. I also have different parts of my house that have multiple flood lights on them to light up sections of the house. This way I can do things like chase the floods on the house. Its easy enough with some simple flaps to put hard edges on the flood lights so that they dont overlap.

So far I have had to try and create numerous floods in visualizer to fill the region but its cumbersome, time consuming and just doesnt look right. With the string tool you can click on points to make a shape like outlining the side of the house or the trunk of the tree, etc. Why not have the ability to do something similar with a flood area where you could outline a shape and within that shape it would create the flood effect within the shape? (effectively making a single large flood light but with a clipping region as the outline to create specific shapes).

I could see other uses for this when we dont necessarily need to see a bunch of bulbs on a single fixture when a shape would suffice.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree this would be nice too, but even more simplistically it would be nice to have the ability to change the shape of the flood circle to more of an oval ("squeeze" the shape by dragging the horizontal/vertical edges of the box, or the skew arrows, like you can with all the other props/fixtures).