Light-O-Rama Forums

Last Minute Halloween Addition

caniac

setup a grave yard with plaster tombstones acquired from Michael's and as an extra effect I added black light led's from SpiritHalloween. Nice but no hurrah's UNTIL my daughter's college friend suggested using florescent glow in the dark paint (found at Michael's). My better half and I got a cheap paintbrush, cut a few bristles out, and "streaked" the tombstones up. It REALLY REALLY made them stand out and "pop". After the lights are off the tombstones still "glow" and eerie green.

Give it a try, it is well worth the $20 I have invested in the paint. The black light LED's were $10 at SpiritHalloween.

LOL. I've been painting my props and tombstones with that paint for years now. Used to be able to get a very large bottle at Wal-Mart for less than $2.00, (doube the size of the Michaels variety) but they quit selling the really good brand I used to get there, and now use some cheap-o brand at almost three times the price and doesn't glow worth spit and is a lot smaller. :)

So I had to go to Michaels to get it too now.

I don't just use the white creamy looking type that glows yellowish-green, they also have it in PINK, ORANGE, and GREEN too. I use them all, just not on every tombstone, under a black light they really do show up much better, but the props I painted that have the Pastel Purple LED's I got from Big Lots in 2010, when those go out on items I have them in, and painted with the different colors of the Glow-in-the-Dark paints, the letters or picture(s) continues to glow for a few moments more. Really cool when you use the different glowing paint colors on one tombstone, as that really sets it out from the others!

Those tombstones are being used at another location this year, as I didn't have room for them all. I would have liked to put them in my 2011 display for Halloween, just didn't have the space.

My daughter painted a haunt with neon paint different colors and splattered on the walls,floor, ceiling, props etc. Looks super cool when you walk through with 3D glasses on. The haunt is rated in the top 5 new haunts in the nation. I went through it last night with the actors in action, they did a great job.

caniac wrote:

setup a grave yard with plaster tombstones acquired from Michael's and as an extra effect I added black light led's from SpiritHalloween. Nice but no hurrah's UNTIL my daughter's college friend suggested using florescent glow in the dark paint (found at Michael's). My better half and I got a cheap paintbrush, cut a few bristles out, and "streaked" the tombstones up. It REALLY REALLY made them stand out and "pop". After the lights are off the tombstones still "glow" and eerie green.

Give it a try, it is well worth the $20 I have invested in the paint. The black light LED's were $10 at SpiritHalloween.

This is how I did my tune in sign this year. The epitaph is "R.U. Listening" with the station number below it in luminescent orange paint. Looks great and can be seen from across the street. The paint I used if from Wildfire and they also have a paint that is clear in the daytime and will luminese under UV light. My intention was to have different messages on my tombstones, one for incandescent light and one for UV light but as usual, I ran out of time.

Attached files 273948=15137-tune in tombstone.jpg