Light-O-Rama Forums

Enttec Open with LOR

rescue_653

Someone help please!!!! I am about to hit my head on the wall I sequenced everything and assigned all the channels but I can not get LOR to show the Enttec Open adapter when assigning networks. What am I doing wrong?

BJ,

Do you have the adapter plugged in to the computer so it can detect it? (under Edit, Preferences, Network preferences)

BJ,

I think it was Jeff? or someone in the beta forum that you need to have both the LOR and the DMX adapter plugged in or it might have been in the DMX forum.

I dont know it is driving me crazy I messed and messed for nearly 2 hours last night and another hour today so I am asking for help before I get ill with it.

This is the thread I was thinking of:

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum75/28615.html

But it doesn't seem to apply to you.

Call William, see if he has Chucks telephone #. If not, I can call Dano to get Chucks number for you.

I hadn't planned on using DMX this year, so haven't messed with it that much, but I have some of David's 3 channel DMX controllers.

Is the Enttec adapter showing up in the Device Manager on your PC/laptop?

Once the adapter is showing up in Device Manager, start by running the LOR Control Panel, and then launching the Sequence Editor.

Go into Sequence Editor / preferences like John mentioned above and select Network Preferences.

If the Enttec adapter drivers are setup properly on the PC, you should have the choice (in the DMX Universes section of the network preferences window) to choose the adapter for universe 1, 2, etc.

The adapter number for the Enttec Open will not be intuitive or common english like "comm1" etc but rather will be a series of letters/numbers.

Once you select the adapter for the particular universe, then you need to assign the appropriate channels in your sequence to "DMX" and then "universe x" to match those preferences above.

Once all that is done, see if you can control your DMX lights. If the Sequence Editor doesn't do it, try running a show using the control panel icon...

I hope that helps...

Randy