Light-O-Rama Forums

Let guests control your show via internet phone.

ItsMeBobO

If you are interested in show control via internet phone, email me as explained in the below document. There is setup work involved so please inquire early. All accounts who used it last year are still active on the server.

http://miip.mobi
http://itsmebob.com/miip/help/MemberDocumentation.html

Minor release of MIIP today.

Fixed background sequence checking. Undocumented feature.

Simplified error messages to support S3 replacement variables.

You can use this command in all sequences.
MIIP.CMD %SEQUENCE_FILENAME_NO_EXT%

Hey Bob,

Pretty neat stuff. I like it. Keep up the great work.

I've been creating something simple for my own use to do limited functions. Certainly it is not as elaborate or featured as yours.

I created an Apple IOS app a couple months ago to run on my iPhone and iPad because often I want to perform certain functions when I am out in the street. My app connects via the home WiFi network to a little program I run as a web service on the same computer that runs my LOR stuff. The app lets me do these things from the iPhone:
Start or stop the show scheduler, enable or disable shows, change shows on demand, queue a particular song to play next, or play one of several pre-recorded messages on the FM radio (like "get the heck off the display" :-)

I notice you are in St. Louis and I travel there a couple times a year on business, so perhaps after the dust settles, we can meet next year to talk about this kind of automation.

Today I upgraded MIIP to give all enrolled displays their own sub-domain within miip.mobi

When you use this subdomain in your link from your website, the guest will go directly to your shows schedule page.

"to a little program I run as a [highlight= #FFFF88]web[/highlight] service on the same computer that runs my LOR stuff"

What program is this?
I help run a show our church does and I was looking to do something during our automated shows to allow for someone to queue up a certain song to play next. We run everything from a computer. I was thinking there had to be a way to send a web command to a machine to execute a batch file or something.

I like the MIIP too, so we might look into that if we can't figure something out.

dfluke wrote:

"to a little program I run as a [highlight= #FFFF88]web service on the same computer that runs my LOR stuff"

What program is this?
I help run a show our church does and I was looking to do something during our automated shows to allow for someone to queue up a certain song to play next. We run everything from a computer. I was thinking there had to be a way to send a web command to a machine to execute a batch file or something.

I like the MIIP too, so we might look into that if we can't figure something out.

It's a service that I wrote which my iPhone app communicates with it. Otherwise it isn't much use to anyone. It sounds like ItsBeBobO who has an immediate solution for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Another enhancement was made to MIIP today.
Now you can create a list of songs which are not in a standard rotation. They will only play when voted for. Like a special request song, outside the normal playing show.

• 3 weeks later...

Miip got another upgrade today. Now there are two new options to effect the way the currently playing song is presented to the viewer.

You can also now embed links to direct people to other sites.