Light-O-Rama Forums

Whole House Transmitter

Rick Childers

I have the blackbox 4000. Its works great. Nice and clear 10 houes away. I needed another one for work. I bought a PLL Model czh-05b It has a low and high button 100mw low and 500mw high. It Transmitts just as good and far as the black box. $137.00 shipped

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I should have ordered a new transmitter when I said I was. I have nothing good to say about the Whole House Transmitter, it's crap. I am going to order an EDM, hope it gets here quickly

Mine took about two weeks. From others on the forums, it seems that it is taking anywhere from 10 days to two weeks. Order it right now! They are awesome.

There is a sticker on the Whole House Transmitter, I think in the battery compartment? You peel the sticker off and it exposes a little switch. Flip the switch, still not enough though.

I did hit the switch, but I am still unhappy. I will use the WHT until the EDM comes in, hopefully it will come in soon enough.

I also had the whole house transmitter last year and only had problems. I am also in the market for a new transmitter an am looking at the mobile black box v6000. I don't mind that it is mono but is it a good transmitter?

Rick, other than the switch and the super long antenna extension, the only other "tricks" for the WH2 is to move it closer to the road, and make sure that the antenna is vertical. Last year I had mine outside in front of the house with the antenna going all the way up to the gutter, it worked well. This year, I have it in a tree about 10 feet closer to the road and about 5 feet higher.
With the new config, i can be 6 houses away and pick it up with no static. PS to get the audio to the transmitter, I picked up a 50' 3/5mm extension cord for $8

I had to wait until payday (today), but ordered my EDM today. I ordered the EDM-TX-LCD-EP, it was the best I could afford. I hope this was good enough, it at least has to be better than the Whole House Piece of Crap I have now. I hope I can get it in. At this point it probably does not matter, I don't even have one complete sequence completed, and still have a lot of building to do on display components. I at least have one new prop completed, and installed:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=RghfQ1Nl-_g

My first year and I hooked up the WH2 to my computer inside the house. Even with the antenna ran outside through the window, it sucked.

I now have it located out in the yard running with the mini director and it works like a champ.

Maybe I'll have money for an EDM next year. But for now, the only solution is to have it outside or broadcast garbage.

Noob here and I'm getting my list together to order. What transmitter should I get that transmits in stero and is not a bank breaker?

Also, the EDM webside seems to be having troubles, I cant get to the order page to see the products...

I am aware that the EDM's are not cheap...:P

I have an FM transmitter CZH-05B that i would sell. I bought it new last year and tested it and works great but I replaced it with an EDM. I will post on ebay if no takers.

PM me if interested

Gee, I was never happy with the "Whole GARAGE Transmitter". However it seems that other people have done well with it by modifying it.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Gee, I was never happy with the "Whole GARAGE Transmitter". However it seems that other people have done well with it by modifying it.

Excellent name for the transmitter. Got a little chuckle when I read your name for it. It does seem to be fitting.