Light-O-Rama Forums

dmx mega tree

Alan Hanson

Okay this seems just ridiculous as i've tried it 4 times now and i've either kept repeating a wrong step or there's a bug. I have a 48 channel (16 string x rgb) megatree configured under sequencer as DMX universe 1 channels 28 to 74. all good.
I go to use the visualiser wizard. I use the channel info from the sequence. I set it as a 16 element rgb tree. The 1st string (MegaTree - bundle 01) uses channels 28,29 and 30 as it should. EVERY successive string/bundle uses 29 on red, nothing on green and 30 on blue

I'm not sure where the 29 and 30 were coming from but I've since restarted visualiser and tried mega trees with different names. RGB trees with LOR controllers work nicely with the expected channel assignments but there appears to be no channels assignments/colors when you go with dmx trees when you start from scratch regardless of whether you start from universe 1/channel 1 or some other starting point.

Ok, this is looking bigger than a breadbox (the reason I called it 'Major'). For now, if you have DMX fixtures you should NOT use the channel wizard to try to assign them. Instead, assign them manually until the next release.