Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3

Guest guest

I am unable to get my DC-MP3 to work. I have copied the shows over to a 512K Lexar SD card. I insert the card and nothing seems to happen. I am also unable to get the new version of the Hardware Utility to see the MP3 player.

frhodes wrote:

I am unable to get my DC-MP3 to work. I have copied the shows over to a 512K Lexar SD card. I insert the card and nothing seems to happen. I am also unable to get the new version of the Hardware Utility to see the MP3 player.

Is the green power LED lit and the red E LED flashing before you insert the SD card? What happens with the LEDs when you insert the SD card?

When you power up your DC-MP3 does it simply flash the E, R & C LEDs or do they chase three times? If the first case, then you must check the "old firmware" box when building a show. If you have the first case, you should update the firmware as described in the latest user's manual on the LOR suport page.

Yes I am using the old version of the firmware. Where is this OLD FIRMWARE box. I have not noticed it on any of the dialogs. I did look at upgrading the firmware, but the Hardware Utility could not connect to the MP3 so I could perform the upgrade.

I will keep looking for the OLD FIRMWARE box.

frhodes wrote:

Yes I am using the old version of the firmware. Where is this OLD FIRMWARE box. I have not noticed it on any of the dialogs. I did look at upgrading the firmware, but the Hardware Utility could not connect to the MP3 so I could perform the upgrade.

I will keep looking for the OLD FIRMWARE box.

If you have the latest version 1.5.10 of the Hardware Utility then the "Old Firmware" button is at the top on the left side of the MP3 tab.

There are instructions on how to update the firmware in the current DC-MP3 user guide on the support page.

With the latest version of the Hardware Utility (HWU) you do not need to copy the files to the SD card, the HWU will write directly to the card.