Light-O-Rama Forums

Vote for your favorite display video?

jkonicky

Definitely love the Ghostbusters the best, but all are awesome. Very nice job.

BTW: Curious, how did you come to use Mizel for the name of your boneyard?

I ask because there is a family cemetery (Mizel) in Leu Gardens in Orlando, Florida. Taken a few photo's of the cemetery there, they also have a museum that details the Mizel family that settled in the area as well It's a city owned Garden.

Thank you! Ghostbusters is my favorite also. Mizel is the name of our road. I met the guy that named it a few years ago. He was a township supervisor at one point and he named it using a combination of his and his sister's last names. His sister's last name was Mihalik and his last name was Zelek so he combined them to "MiZel". Interesting that there was a family named Mizel. Thanks for viewing my videos.

We have a road named after the Mizel family in our area, it's Mizel Avenue in Winter Park, Florida. It was named after the family lost one of the men that was a Sheriff in Orange County, the museum at Leu Gardens was their estate home at one time and is still in it's original form and has been maintained too that fashion. The cemetery a little ways from the home/museum and has about 20 or 30 gravesites in it. I was hoping I could have found some of the photo's I took of the Mizel cemetery and post them, but couldn't locate the Photo CD I put them on. If you're ever in the Orlando area, you should visit Leu Gardens, it's one of most beautiful gardens and peaceful gardens in the Orlando area in Florida and take the museum tour and learn of Harry P. Leu and the Mizel family liniage, it's very interesting.

The Mizels were some of the founding folks of the Orlando, Maitland and Winter Park areas of Florida. So I thought possibly that might have been a relative ,or spouses maiden name, or maybe they had relatives settle in your area as well. So I just had to ask how you came up with the name. :cool:

I found it very interesting that in your case, it's a combination of two names, as opposed to an actual family name like it is here in my area.

With such a display any song would match. :-)

Why don't you try something like hell's bells ?

I think Thriller is just played almost everywhere.

It's one of the main reasons I don't use it in my display.

Seems everyone does that one, and it just feels (my opinion) it's been done to death! {pardon the pun} :)