Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR install problem

blazerstephen

having some problem with my LOR loading. ive unloaded and reloaded thru control panel several times. LOR will install fine but when i go to open for example the sequence editor a window pops up with this on it.
Light o rama
Please wait while windows configures Light o rama.
first it will say below that :Gathering required information. then it will give a time remaining usually goes from 17 seconds, then 1 second. there is a progress bar below that. this is where it hangs up in a loop. it will go on and on with that loop forever. i have to stop it thru task manager. im lost and really need to get it solved so i can update my sequences. i have also tried doing the registry wipe as well.
-stephen

• 1 year later...

I have the excact same issue now with a install of LOR 3.8.2.

I have tried everything you mentioned above.

It seems windows XP is missing a certain file needed by LOR to run - hince the loop.

Have you found a fix?

The thread/linksuggestions, suggested by Bob is a dead link 

I have never had an issue running lor on windows xp. what service pack do you have?

• 9 months later...

<SOLVED> It seems windows xp gets confused on what part of LOR to load and when to load it. The way I fixed my issue was to load the same version OVER the existing one. Win xp will not let you do that, but instead displays a box with the "modify, repair or remove" options. clicking on the repair option several times corrected my issues, I had to click on the repair option 11 times before LOR 8.2. would completely load with NO issues. I assuming the 11 times was for 11 problems with my LOR install.