Light-O-Rama Forums

My First LOR Halloween Display

ShaggySS

I converted my static display with very few lights except 28 feet of black light. Turns out florescent black lights really don't work well for LOR. So here is year one.

No Flash
IMG_0129.JPG

Flash
IMG_0128.JPG

Ropelight for the pumpkin face shows up tomorrow so it will get better.

Put your black lights on a regular timer, not on the LOR dimmers. Also get the dark blue or UV compact fluorescents with an aluminum reflector. Paint the outside of the reflector black and point them where needed, but put those on a timer too, not LOR.

Looks really great Caniac!

Are those incandescents or LED's in your tombstones?

And how did you get the RIP to turn out so well? I tried that and had to scrap the tombstone I tried it on! Really love how you have the RIP standing out on them!

Orville wrote:

Looks really great Caniac!

Are those incandescents or LED's in your tombstones?

And how did you get the RIP to turn out so well? I tried that and had to scrap the tombstone I tried it on! Really love how you have the RIP standing out on them!

The lights are a wally world special. Incandescent which I really didn't want but LED were $12 a box vs $3 a box. The nice part about the incandescent is they get hot and kinda meld to the tombstone. Make them say in there very nicely. I am thinking about doing an outline also. As for the RIP lettering I bought tombstones from Halloween City which are much nicer than last year (thicker) and took a a bic pen pulled off the insides out and poked though the front every little bit and them from the back poked the lights through. Since I put so much work into the tombstone I glued PVC to the back and drover rebar into the ground to hold them in place. Make them much more rigid. Ill post a picture tonight.