Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixel Support in Visualizer

heystew

I use a lot of DMX Controlled RGB pixel strings in my display and was looking forward to the ease of drawing them in the new visualizer. I can't figure out how to draw them however. The strings are 42 pixels long and like the CCB's each pixel uses 3 channels. I've tried everything I can think of and have tried the tutorial and help files but have had no luck.

The only way I have found to do it would be to draw 42 individual bulbs which are each RGB. this was basically how i did it in the old Animation window and was hoping the Visualizer was going to simplify this.

thanks for any help in advance,
dave

Thanks and please do add it to the wishlist. I may have to seriously re-think adding more RGB capability to my display this year. I planned to add another 2500 RGB pixels to my setup and I'm certainly not looking forward to drawing them individually.

thanks,
dave

I second that motion, would love to have that feature. I have 256 RGB channels on DMX, and that is a lot of work to individually do each bulb.

• 7 months later...

+1 for me too. The world does use only CCR's so it's high time LOR fix the visualizer too support random length pixel strings that are not mde by LOR.

This should be a easy fix. Just change the existing CCR code to optionally bypass all checks and allow for strings of any length.

Jeff made a prop a while back that has helped me. I use this same prop for just about everything as you can turn, twist, change sizes and so on in VIS. Its a 50 pixel string. If you are only using 42 once you load it up just delete 8 of them then save the prop again. Remember to use the channel tool when your done.

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_post.php?post_id=297269

GoofyGuy wrote:

Jeff made a prop a while back that has helped me. I use this same prop for just about everything as you can turn, twist, change sizes and so on in VIS. Its a 50 pixel string. If you are only using 42 once you load it up just delete 8 of them then save the prop again. Remember to use the channel tool when your done.

Yeah, this prop has been a time saver for me also. I used it for my arches and just about all of my RGB props.

Thanks Jeff.

You can use the arch tool regardless of light type. I used it and still created mine with Smart strips, DMX

GoofyGuy wrote:

Thanks Goofy and also thanks to Jeff. I took his prop and edited the XML so that the pixels are on a perfect grid, nice and straight. Jeff, if you would like the one I updated please PM me where to send it.

John

• 2 months later...

http://forums.lighto...?post_id=297269

This link doesn't work anymore. Can someone point me to the post? I'm doing an RGB meaga tree with a dozen 50 pixel strings and it is very daunting!

Look for the post in this forum that is pinned near the top called

Official S3 LOR Visualizer Props and Fixtures attachments

and remember, if you have multiple strings you only have to draw it once. Unlike the animation, you can "copy/paste" an existing string over and over again. I downloaded the 50 pixel string, (thanks Jeff) added 10 pixels and copied it 6 times in less time than I could have drawn 1 in the animation.

Scott

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you need "zoom" functionality in Visualizer, use Windows Accessibility Feature... Magnifier. You can easily Zoom in 200% within Visualizer and it works great. Plus using the SHIFT key for more even more precision gets you even better results for those OCD guys! :)

---Michael