Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes in a Mega Tree

ryebred

I am adding strobes to my display this year and have 10 of them to put on my 15 foot tall mega tree. I was thinking of spacing them 1 foot apart so I would have 10 feet of line which I could secure to the tree pole and have them facing the street. My only concern is whether or not they will look good in a straight line in the center of the tree.

I have seen some videos where it appears that people have weaved the strobes in and out of their light strings on the mega tree. This makes it more random and the strobe effect wider but my concern here is that with the wind blowing and moving the lines around that the strobes would be top heavy and kind of roll around so that they weren't facing the street anymore.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get the best effect with strobes in a mega tree?

Have you upgraded to S3, if you have you can make a mega tree in the visualizer, put strobes inside the mega both ways and then decide which looks better, I zigzagged mine.

If they are curtain strobes, it shouldn't matter which way they are facing. Just let them hang like others do and I think you'll be just fine. And IMO the random look would look better.

Don't know if this will help you or not. But I used a 25 light C9 set and used every other socket and filled the ones I did not use with silicone. I also like to tie my strobes to the wire to keep them up/down

Attached files 273522=15101-Stobe-light.jpg

I also have 4 strings of these in my tree at 1/4 intervals trying to make it look the same from any angle

Attached files 273523=15102-Tree-with-stobes.jpg

I agree with the others. I think it would be best in a random order. I have 3 strings of strobes on our mega tree.

have a 64 channel tree(4 colors/16 strings each) I used all 4 color strobes(RGWB) built 2 strings of 5 strobes each color and started at the top, worked my way down in a circular, zigzag pattern...seemed to work really good...(adding another 5 per string this year for total of 15 4 colored strobes...will see what happens

videos at http://www.hughesholidays.com