Light-O-Rama Forums

No control using Animation Sequence

Guest guest

I'm hoping it's just something I'm doing wrong. I can't control any channels using animation sequences. Want to set one up for the "background". I can put the particular channels into a musical and they work fine. Tried a number of different ones in an animation but nothing plays. They don't play either in a show setup or by running the sequence while controlling the lights. This is giving me more gray hair!! Thanks in advance.
Joe

Joe Lotz wrote:

The channels are all set up. I import my configuration each time I make a new sequence to save time.
Joe

Joe,

I have never heard of a case where musical sequences will control lights but an animtion sequence will not.... In the sequence editor, open both a musical sequence AND this animation sequence at the same time.

Now click on the musical sequence and click the PLAY button. At the popup it will ask if it should only play one sequence (say yes)... If the lights are controlled, then click stop and select the Animation Sequence click play and see if it will control the lights.

Dan, I agree this just doesn't sound right. Opened both the animation and a musical. Double checked to make sure the channel configuration was the same on both. Ran each seperately. Lights turned on with the musical but NOT with the animation.

Joe

Dan,
Problem solved. I just remembered reading something about a minimum time on an animation. It was a 10 minute sequence. Just changed it to 1 hour, tried it and it worked. I think the 10 minutes should have been enough but you know the bottom line - it's working.
Thanks,

Joe