Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Show Director Falling Behind

Guest guest

My MP3 Show Director seems to be falling a split second behind with the lights to the audio. I sequenced everything on a brand new powerful system and everything hits beats correctly, but when I transfer the show to the SD card the MP3 Show Director falls behind. I ran the show directly on my laptop and it works fine. Any Ideas?

The only "real" way of knowing if you hit everything on time is by using a WAV file and running at 1/2 speed. If everything is in time after doing that, it will be fine with the MP3 player.

I had a similar issue before I started using the WAV file to finalize my shows.

What you will see after doing the final tweaks is the lights will appear to come on too soon using Showtime but will play fine on the standalone MP3.

Good luck!

Merry Christmas!

Walt

John Garrant wrote:

My MP3 Show Director seems to be falling a split second behind with the lights to the audio. I sequenced everything on a brand new powerful system and everything hits beats correctly, but when I transfer the show to the SD card the MP3 Show Director falls behind. I ran the show directly on my laptop and it works fine. Any Ideas?

John,

I have seen this and Ihave seen it corrected by re-encoding the MP3 file using Audacity. There are instructions on our Support page.

What I have seen is: Everything is perfect on the PC. Once loaded to the DC-MP3, everything is off a little (sometimes a lot!)...

I convert the MP3 file using Audacity....

Now when I play it on the PC it is off time and I have to adjust the size of events at the start of the song to get things in sync.

Now it will be in sync on the DC-MP3.