Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel config.

shfr26

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but, here goes. When I open the Vis and load a sequence, so I can get the channel config, and add new fixtures, draw them, and then go to name it, I can click on the browse and get my list of channels. Save it, later go back to it and draw something else, the browes portion of naming does not work, I have to load a sequence to get it to show in browse. Am I doing something wrong or is that the way it works????:?

The Visualizer does NOT save channel configs or sequences between runs since they are completely separate beasts. It will however save the channels defined on the fixtures themselves.

The best way to think about it is that channel configs/sequences are simply 'references' to make your life easier when you are assigning channels (what the Vis calls 'Wiring'). Once you close the Visualizer those references are forgotten (but the channels you assigned to the fixtures will remain).

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.0/help/reference_channels.htm

Thank you for your quick reply, Now, Have Dan or Mary buy you a nice big dinner for all your hard work and, NO bread crumbs!!!!!!