Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions about S3

Robert Burton

So much buzz about this...and is probably here on the board...but is easier just to ask here;

1) I don't have any CCR's and really have no plans of getting any...anytime soon. So leaving that part out of the equation, what is the learning curve between the S2 and S3. I do have some Rainbow Floods and Spots...but that is as complicated as I get. I use 4 tracks as well.

2) I have added several controllers. I am up to 11. I have a Standard License. I see that I would have to upgrade to Advanced to use all 11 controllers on S3. (Which I had not planned on in my budget this year.) If I stay on S2, will I be able to use all 11 controllers?

Maybe the controller count was naive on my part and just didn't take that into account. (even for S2) I am so far behind this year, I just don't want to learn new software in addition to the pressures of "Gettin' Er Done". I love the new visualizer look though :-)

Robert

Everything you know now still works in S3. Yes, there are new features that will streamline your sequencing experience, but you don't have to learn very much to jump right in.

I think that with either software version you'd have to upgrade to use 11 controllers.

The Visualizer is where you'll find the steepest learning curve. My advice is to just leave that part alone until after the season when there's no pressure. I think you'll like the Visualizer but it's not worth getting an ulcer from trying to learn in mid-October.

George Simmons wrote:

I think that with either software version you'd have to upgrade to use 11 controllers.

Looks like either way....I have to upgrade.

Wish the learning curve wasn't on the visualizer. That was the one feature I really wanted to upgrade from S2.

Oh well....
Thanks for the info.

Learning the Visualizer went pretty easy for me. I thought I'd end up spending the better part of the week on it. Had it all done before the first football game today.