Light-O-Rama Forums

Minor change request for audio file location

DanR

When loading an audio file into SS, it currently goes to the SuperStar Sequences folder. Can this default to the root level Audio folder?

DanR wrote:

When loading an audio file into SS, it currently goes to the SuperStar Sequences folder. Can this default to the root level Audio folder?

It is designed to work that way. I just tried it and it worked for me, that is, it defaults to the Light-O-Rama Audio folder. Not sure why it is not working for you. If you shut down SuperStar and launch again, does it work any differently? Also, click on the Help menu and select About and let me know what version it says you are running.

Hi Brian,

Can SSL use mp3 files as yet, or is it still only wav. It's a pain to have to convert all my files to wav.

Thanks
Ron

bajantechie wrote:

Hi Brian,

Can SSL use mp3 files as yet, or is it still only wav. It's a pain to have to convert all my files to wav.

Thanks
Ron

Yes, the SuperStar software now allows use of mp3 files. In fact it now also supports a bunch of other audio file formats. The following is a complete list: (*.mp3;*.mp2;*.wav;*.ogg;*.aiff;*.wma;*.wmv;*.asx;*.asf;*.m4a;*.mp4;*.flac;*.aac;*.ac3;*.wv;*.au;*.aif;*.w64;*.voc;*.sf;*.paf;*.pvf;*.caf;*.svx ;*.it;*.xm;*.s3m;*.mod;*.mtm;*.mo3;*.cda)

Thanks Brian,

Good work. BTW will you be doing anymore CCR package sequences for sale or did that all end with the LOR merger.

Ron.

bajantechie wrote:

Thanks Brian,

Good work. BTW will you be doing anymore CCR package sequences for sale or did that all end with the LOR merger.

Ron.

I still retain the rights to all of my sequences. I hope to write more in November. For the past while I have had to focus on the software.

There may be a problem with some mp3's...

Of the three sequences I've done so far, on two it accepted the mp3 file I'd used in Seq-Editor. But on the third I had to convert the mp3 (which worked in Seq-Editor) to wav for SS to open it.

Back on Dan's original question - I think he was asking if the default can be changed from the audio folder, ie. It's currently working as designed, but was wondering if the default is configurable.

robandwend wrote:

There may be a problem with some mp3's...

Of the three sequences I've done so far, on two it accepted the mp3 file I'd used in Seq-Editor. But on the third I had to convert the mp3 (which worked in Seq-Editor) to wav for SS to open it.

What happened when you tried to open the mp3 that had a problem? Did it display an error, and if so, what was the error?
Could you email me the problem mp3 to brian@superstarlights.com ?

The error I get was "an unnamed file was not found"

However I've worked out why I got the error. If you have Seq-Editor open with a .las that has an audio in it, then you also open SS and try to read the same audio file this error can occur.

I've tried this a few times, and it doesn't always occur, it appears more likely to occur if in Seq-Editor you've got the view-wave-form enabled???

robandwend wrote:

The error I get was "an unnamed file was not found"

However I've worked out why I got the error. If you have Seq-Editor open with a .las that has an audio in it, then you also open SS and try to read the same audio file this error can occur.

I've tried this a few times, and it doesn't always occur, it appears more likely to occur if in Seq-Editor you've got the view-wave-form enabled???

Yes, I have already fixed this in the code I am running. It now gives a better error, that gives the name of the file and says the file failed to load and may be in use by another program and to try shutting down the other program.
As you say, it doesn't always happen. Near as I can tell, you have to have run the audio file in the LOR sequence editor and then you get the error.

• 5 weeks later...

Try to open an MP3 audio file and is tells me that my file is 48000 and wav files are 44,100. Do I need to convert all my mp3's for auto sequence to wav files

magish01 wrote:

Try to open an MP3 audio file and is tells me that my file is 48000 and wav files are 44,100. Do I need to convert all my mp3's for auto sequence to wav files

The SuperStar code requires that the audio file be at the standard sampling rate of 44,100. Realize that what the code does is convert the mp3 file to a wav file and then it plays the wav file. All the mp3 files I have done so far convert fine so I thought the mp3 conversion code would always convert the mp3 file to a 44,100 wav file but it sounds like it does not. Sorry about that, I am learning also. email me one of the problem mp3 files to brian@superstarlights.com and I can take a look at it.