Light-O-Rama Forums

Turn off the labels?

chrisl1976

Is there any way to turn off the labels that come with fixtures. Example...the label (STAR) is blocking a side of the star.

I would love to turn off the mass jumble of labels under the megatree.

There is no way to turn them off per fixture or per prop. However, you can turn them off globally by clicking the 'Names' checkbox off at the top.
http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.0/help/color_toolbar.htm

There are also additional options in the 'Options' screen.
http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.0/help/options_tab_1_general.htm

That's not how it works. The bulbs are all drawn and then if the option is on it draws the names. If it's off, that whole part of the code is skipped.

Are you SURE you don't have something on a HIGHER layer blocking? Are your lights stacked so close together they are blocking each other?

Ahhh Ok...

We found that some fonts used a 'bug' (or is that a feature) in windows to save some data: They relied on Windows to 'close' a figure by extending a line from the last point to the first point. But that's not how it should be done. They should be specifying to close the figure.

For now, you can create the missing segment. I'll take another look to see if I can figure out a way to fix that.

I'm taking a second look at this to see if there is anything I can do.

0000136 Editor minor assigned (Mike) 2011-10-16 Close Figure when inserting symbol sometimes does not fire

Well, looks like I was late getting this in for the next release. It will be in the NEXT next release :)

Props and Fixtures are a great way to share things with other users. We expect that there is going to be a huge library of fixtures and props (much like there was a huge library of sequences).