Light-O-Rama Forums

OK some questions on editing my fixtures

David Barnett

I did not see it in the help file. Is the only way to adjust your fixture via mouse. any keyboard arrow etc keys available for fine tuning?

also, is there some way to keep the outline of my fixture in view when moving instead of just an empty bounding box?

Is there a setting I missed in the options. If not, all you Beta testers had to place and edit your stuff by trial and error?

If not, what did you use as a reference point when moving things. All I have is the box surrounding my fixture when moving or adjusting, can't see the outline of the fixture till I release the mouse button.

Any help appreciated.

Best,
David

David Barnett wrote:

I did not see it in the help file. Is the only way to adjust your fixture via mouse. any keyboard arrow etc keys available for fine tuning?

also, is there some way to keep the outline of my fixture in view when moving instead of just an empty bounding box?

Is there a setting I missed in the options. If not, all you Beta testers had to place and edit your stuff by trial and error?

If not, what did you use as a reference point when moving things. All I have is the box surrounding my fixture when moving or adjusting, can't see the outline of the fixture till I release the mouse button.

Any help appreciated.

Best,
David

David, there was some talk about this problem during beta. There just wasn't enough time to program thoses features into yet. If I remember, there is a lot of computing power it takes to create and render each fixture, and Mike was trying to keep it to a minimum to allow older computers that a lot of people use still work.

A feature that was talked about a lot, is going to be Zoom and fine adjustment using arrow keys. If you would like to see this, please email wishlist@lightorama.com with the ideas. They do keep very good tabs on this email account, and a lot of what people write does make it into next versions.

No real tricks I found on moving stuff, I just get used to how much space is left around the fixture.