Light-O-Rama Forums

mega tree not starting in right position

james campbell

ok using the mega tree tool I want string 1 to be at 12 oclock,and string eight at 6 oclock,btw 14 strings around. I can get it right by rotating it before I press ok but then in the visualizer it goes to string 1 at 6 oclock and 8 at 12. I have tried starting right left counterclockwise nothing helps. I must be doing something wrong

I'll double check to make sure it is working correctly, but I think what you are seeing is an optical illusion. Try tipping the tree a little (the vertical slider) to help with that.

I did check that and thought I had it because I looked at the example from the bottom and it was 180 degress from what I wanted,then again when in the visualizer it changed back

I just double checked, and it is building the tree correctly.

The directions are based on a top-down view. If you are looking from the bottom up, everything is going to be reversed.

so if I look at the top of the tree and get the strings the way I want it should be right?

I got your PM, and we must not be on the same page since I can get it to work. Can you post the tree as a prop and tell me what's wrong with it again?