Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar - Can it be used with regular lights?

Denise Nelson

:shock: We just upgraded to v3.0 and got the Demo for Superstar. Before we get the license for SuperStar, we'd like to know the following:

We don't have CCR's, just mini lights, C9 & C7's, etc.

1. Will SuperStar help me create sequences for them? If so, how?

2. Is it easy to incorporate the sequences to new and existing sequences/how?

3. Can it be imported to LOR Sequence Editor v. 3.0, if so, how?

4. I have my 2011 animation/units all set up, can SuperStar use them? How does it work?

As you may have guessed, I am a nubee and SuperStar sounds great, but I just want to make sure it is something that will help me create sequences in LOR S Editor much easier. Please reply with info that I can understand and if there are links, instructions, etc somewhere, please let me know. Thank you guys!

1. Brian (the author of SuperStar) posted some information about "instant sequencing" with SuperStar (which can be done on things other than CCRs) in this thread.

2. I think this question is best answered by other customers, not by me, so I'm going to skip it.

3. Yes, what you create in SuperStar can be imported into the Sequence Editor (as long as you have a SuperStar license).

4. If by "animation", you mean drawings done in the Animator, no, SuperStar doesn't use them. However, SuperStar can use visualizations done in the Visualizer, which is a new program (new in S3) and which you can think of as the new and (very) improved Animator. There's unfortunately no way to import existing animations into the Visualizer at this time, so it will take some initial effort, but once you get your visualization up and running, I doubt you'll look back to the Animator.

Also, you may find the help file's section on SuperStar useful.

Just upgraded to LOR 3.0 and then purchased 24 CCR's full version Super star software. Where do I download or where do I use the Super star software??

miles wrote:

Just upgraded to LOR 3.0 and then purchased 24 CCR's full version Super star software. Where do I download or where do I use the Super star software??

The SuperStar Software was installed with 3.0.

Just visit your Light-O-Rama folder (in your start button, etc.) and open the software from there.

Bob. thank you for your quick response. Yes, I played with Visualizer for a few minutes and it IS much easier than the Animator. Now that I know that SuperStar can be used with the Visualizer, I will be using both (after I purchase the license). I will be looking at the forum for more information. Again, Thank you! :D

DeniseN wrote:

Bob. thank you for your quick response.  Yes, I played with Visualizer for a few minutes and it IS much easier than the Animator.  Now that I know that SuperStar can be used with the Visualizer, I will be using both (after I purchase the license).  I will be looking at the forum for more information.  Again, Thank you! :D

Let me know how the import of the visualization file into SuperStar works for you.