Light-O-Rama Forums

WLC Ventures

LightsinMaine

Just curious if anyone has bought anything through Chris. I bought (3) enclosures a month ago and still haven't seen them. A few weeks back I sent an email and he stated he was just bombarded by orders. But I sent an email a few days ago and haven't gotten a response yet. Anyone know what might be going on there??

I also purchased some enclosures a couple of weeks ago. Last week I received an email from Chris stating they were on back order but were expected in soon. I don't need my enclosures yet since the power supplies I ordered from China that were shipped August 29 have not arrived yet - must be a real slow boat from China!!!

Chris is still covered heavily by the large group buy of plugs and spt wire. Hang in there he is dependable I just got my wire and plugs from him last week.

Yep, I ordered four cases from Chris too, got the same "We've been slammed.." email, but that was a couple weeks ago, nothing since and they charged my CC for the cases, but didnt seem like they charged shipping, which I guess is ok, cause they havent shipped yet. Just hope I get them before Thanksgiving.

OK, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. It's been 5 weeks since I placed the order and was told they were stock when I did it. I expected they'd be here within a week. If I don't see them next week I'll need to find them somewhere else seeing I'll be starting to put my stuff out first week of November. Anyone know somewhere else to get CG-500 enclosures?

I got in on the wire and plugs. Hang in there. It being my first ever bulk purchase, I thought the same thing as you.
Bottom line is that he came through with flying colors. I've been making extension cords for a week now.

Ok, well I've been contacting Chris now for the 6 weeks my "in stock" enclosures have been on order. I was told he was packing them Thursday 10/20 and would send me a shipping invoice that night. Now it's the 24th and still nothing. I need to find a new source for the CG-500 enclosures.....any suggestions? I've cancelled my order with Chris because all I keep getting is the run around....

I havent heard from him either in a bunch o' weeks.. going to call tomorrow and cancel.. he already charged me the $39 for the cases..

I received my wire and plugs from him no problem.

I do remember his saying that one thing that slows him down a LOT is trying to respond to all the emails.

Sounds like he has 100s of customers for the wire and maybe just as many for the enclosures.

He did come through at the end for me though.

My 2c worth !

Dave

If you take the time to read his updates on his store page you will see where he is on orders. I ordered my second order of enclosures and knowing he is back logged I got my shipping notice today. 22 days after the order was placed. I was not discouraged. I was not concerned since I have bought from him before and he always has came through. He has a lot on his plate and is getting the orders out. Ordering from him is not like ordering from your large vendors who have a couple hundred people in a warehouse packaging orders.

Chris does this to help save money for the people. He also has a full time job that takes him out of town at times.
My 2 cents worth.

His PC inbox is always full. I'm sure the backlog of emails is overwhelming.

As I stated before. Hang in there. It might be slow, but he won't let you down.

I received a notice yesterday that my enclosures have been shipped and this was confirmed by UPS. My order was placed 10/1.

I understand everyone's 2cents worth. But what everyone seems to be ignoring is the fact that I placed my order on Sept 11th. There are people here who have placed there orders 2-3 weeks after mine and are getting product. I don't want to look like the A-hole here but I'm going on 45 days and haven't seen my order yet. This is an excerpt from the last 2 emails Chris has sent me:
"This will get packed up tonight. I can label it for shipping but we do ask for the shipping to be paid prior to the shipment leaving. Keep an eye on your inbox this evening." Thurs Oct 20th

"I actually thought I sent this already so this caught me a bit off guard. I also understand the aggravation and I sincerely apologize for that.. You are correct that several orders have been done ahead of you but this has nothing to do with you personally. I do the shipping quotes during my lunch break at my normal job. I ran across yours several different times but did not have good accurate weights on the CG500s. So to keep working I moved onto the next one.......I have 30 orders in what I call old status and should be able to get them all shipped next weekend." Mon Oct 24th

So he stated on day it'll be packed and watch for shipping invoice that night. And now he is talking he can't get it out until next weekend (Nov 5th). And he admittedly says he's past by my order several times because he doesn't have accurate shipping weight. I just find this all strange and have no idea why my order has been ignored while a lot of others (whom placed an order after mine) have been filled. Just my 2cents....I cancelled my order because the experience I have had I do not trust these to get here for when I needed them. Now to try and find an alternative since I wasted over 6 weeks waiting for an "in stock" item.

And just so everyone knows I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying from Chris (WLC Ventures). Everyone else on the board seems to have a great experience from him. Just this first sale for me has gone extremely sour. For some reason my order just kept falling into the cracks. Not much I can do about that except try and find something else that will work in my display.....

I have bought a lot of enclousers from Chris he is a good guy and will not rip you off. I talk to him on line probally once a week on a diffrent forum. I have been always happy with his product, His website is over filling with orders I was #4 on his site but in real life I was down past #100 in orders to fill and o-ya he is only one man that has a real job to not just filling orders for enclousers

I never said or implemented that Chris was a bad guy. And this is not a matter of he's only one guy with a full-time job besides WLC. My order just got lost in the shuffle multiple times. I've cancelled it and gotten my enclosures elsewhere. Not a big deal. So I think both sides have been explained and we should kill this thread before anyone starts getting offensive to anyone. We all know how people can take things sometimes......

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know how to get in contact with WLC Ventures?   I've left messages on their website for the past couple of months.  I have an order I placed in January of this year and haven't heard anything.

Thanks,

D-Ray

[Email redacted at Posters request]

Edited by LORAdmin
Poster Request