Light-O-Rama Forums

Animated Lighting

Spectacular Lighting

ok guys, this just might open a major can of worms but here goes......
Can LOR S2 software control Animated lighting products?

the only reason i am asking is because a client has 2 animated lighting controllers and wants to add some more LOR controllers, and as i am an LOR partner i think we should use the LOR S2 software.
:shock:

Kieran wrote:

I think they can, but i dont really want to get into that, so i think the best thing to do is get them to buy more LOR controllers :P :}

You are a good "LOR Partner". Sell the controllers !

LightShow Pro can run both controllers. However (there had to be a however) the effects are somewhat different in AD and LOR controllers. A shimmer in AD will not look like a shimmer in LOR. Fade/ramps are a little different, too. I have both and tried to use LSP. It would have worked except I didn't want to learn yet another software. I'm more than happy with LOR. Of course, I now have 6 AD controller gathering dust in the closet, but that's my problem. :P

They can be controlled by LOR. There is a guy (I just can not remember his name at the moment) that has come up with the firmware to use AL controllers with LOR controllers. He has a website and a business...I just don't remember who it is. Let me stew on this one for a little bit...it will come to me at some point.

Ponddude wrote:

They can be controlled by LOR. There is a guy (I just can not remember his name at the moment) that has come up with the firmware to use AL controllers with LOR controllers. He has a website and a business...I just don't remember who it is. Let me stew on this one for a little bit...it will come to me at some point.

Maybe Drew Hickman, at holidaytechnologies.com?

Kieran wrote:

why did you stop using the AD products?, was there an issue with the controllers, the software etc?

Software. Animation Director had more bugs than a cheap hotel. I waited for 3 years for a promised upgrade. When that didn't happen, I downloaded the LOR1 demo and was hooked. So simple and easy to use, plus I never got it to crash (unlike Animation Director, which I could crash at will).

Don't get me wrong .. AL hardware was, and probably still is, very good. The software left a lot to be desired. Since LOR hardward did essentially the same thing that AL hardware does (and with the PC kits, at a much better price) I changed from AL to LOR and haven't looked back.

Kieran wrote:

why did you stop using the AD products?, was there an issue with the controllers, the software etc?

All the above. Plus issues with customer service.

Yes, get Drew to turn those AL controllers into LOR controllers, or sell them and buy new LOR controllers. I sold all my AL controllers and went with LOR controllers and could not be happier. I looked into getting Drew to 'convert' them, but the shipping back and forth of a bunch of controllers was not feasible.
Besides that I wanted the bad taste in my mouth to go away. So I sold everything AL, and am very happy with my decision.

bob wrote:

Ponddude wrote:

Maybe Drew Hickman, at holidaytechnologies.com?

Thanks the one!

Guest wbottomley

Mark Schell, a member here, has successfully uploaded LOR firmware onto an AL controller. But that's not all. You have to make a special cable to reverse the pinout or trouble will occur.