Light-O-Rama Forums

.mp3 Director and FM25B

Guest guest

When I selected my frequency, I used the FM25B with my laptop. I could adjust volume and audio output to help with distortion. But with the .mp3 Director, we don't have that option. How has everyone cleared up distortion by using the FM25B with the .mp3 Director?

Thanks!
Brian

BTW: Had a successful run with the controller last night and it was AWESOME!

mcnamara9 wrote:

When I selected my frequency, I used the FM25B with my laptop. I could adjust volume and audio output to help with distortion. But with the .mp3 Director, we don't have that option. How has everyone cleared up distortion by using the FM25B with the .mp3 Director?

Thanks!
Brian

BTW: Had a successful run with the controller last night and it was AWESOME!

I think that the FM25B has gain control ( someone with a FM25B please help out here) I think adjusting the gain may help.

I use the FM25B and if the level controls inside the FM25B are too high, it distorts the signal. I found that the output of my computer can drive the FM25B into distortion so I needed to adjust the volume down to keep the signal clean.

Page 21 of the FM25B manual says "A Terribly distorted sound is a sign of too much audio level. Simply rotate the level potentiometers R27 and R28, CCW (counter clock wise) to reduce the level. The manual is also available on line in Adobe PDF form HERE. Scroll down to page 21.

Hope this helps!

I use the FM30B transmitter, it's a better transmitter, and it's default setting seems to be perfect. I drive out of my LOR MP3 controller into the FM30B with perfect sound, no distortion heard on any car radio that I tried. If you ever look to upgrade, that is one to look at, as everything is adjusted by the LCD display, not by turning pots. I love my transmitter.