Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding music to a new show

eric dominguez

George Simmons wrote:

When you create a new musical sequence the software will ask you for a song.

And after you select a new musical sequence you click on ....edit....then media file.Then select your song.

wallleyes wrote:

And after you select a new musical sequence you click on ....edit....then media file.Then select your song.

I'm not sure I follow you. You can't create a musical sequence without identifying a song - that's the first step after clicking on the new musical sequence icon. What you describe will only work for changing a media file for an already-existing sequence.

I may be far off base here but, the poster did say "Animation" seq. MAybe he is just trying to add music to an animation seq not make a new musical seq. I f I'm wrong, don't beat me up too bad please.:P

George Simmons wrote:

wallleyes wrote:

I'm not sure I follow you. You can't create a musical sequence without identifying a song - that's the first step after clicking on the new musical sequence icon. What you describe will only work for changing a media file for an already-existing sequence.

Yes your right George.I think i do tooooo much adding the media file.

The Media file is not highlighted so I cant add a music file.

Is there a way to same an animation grid as a template. What I am trying to do is paste old files on a new grit that I made with a new animation. I copied the on and off but Im trying to transfer the song.

E

Try this: To save your your channel configuration (and animation drawing) go to EDIT > EXPORT CHANNEL CONFIGURATION. Give it a name you can remember and save it.

Then create a new musical sequence. The software will ask for a music file name and location and will also allow you to specify/import a channel configuration. Choose the music file you want, and choose the config file you saved earlier.

After you've created the new musical sequence, you'll need to copy and paste the contents of the channels from your old non-musical file into the new musical file and you should be good to go.

Good luck.