Light-O-Rama Forums

All Weather Strobe Lights

ShaggySS

I am surprised this has never come up or if it has I was unable to find it in my search. Last year I learned that there are different types of fog machines, I have about 8x 400 watt machines. I recently discovered 1000+ watt machines which are awesome so I sold a bunch of my smaller ones. This year I learned all strobe lights are not created equal. I put $20 strobe light in my front yard facing the house and I don't think the light was making it to the house. So I understand its time to find a higher end strobe light. With that said I would like to find a strobe light that I don't have to take down every chance of rain. Do they make higher end outdoor strobe lights. I know I can always use a box of some sort to hide under but I would prefer finding a all weather version.

Do they make an all weather stobe light? Anyone have one?

Which strobe do you have and do you recommend?

In case it wasn't clear I am looking for Halloween. I want the lightning effect.

To get the whole house effect, you will want a Martin Atomic Strobe... 3000 watts of blinding fun.

I have one and works great with LOR.

D.T.

I considered just some spot lights hooked up to LOR but it wasn't the right kind of light. I want the white light and the halogen is more of a yellow light. I am very particular.

But I also have a budget. One of those Martin Atomic Strobe ball parked over $500+. I am thinking more around the $100 range. I should have specified. It does look awesome though.

ShaggySS wrote:

I considered just some spot lights hooked up to LOR but it wasn't the right kind of light. I want the white light and the halogen is more of a yellow light. I am very particular.

But I also have a budget. One of those Martin Atomic Strobe ball parked over $500+. I am thinking more around the $100 range. I should have specified. It does look awesome though.
got my 1300w fog machines at partsexpress.com, they have all sorts of gear from the low dollar on up. in addition they have bubble machines, lasers, etc.