Light-O-Rama Forums

LED floodlights

Bubba in NV

I need to replace my red and blue flood lights to LED. They are no longer red and blue. Sort of pink and aqua. The closest anything from where I live is 205 miles one way and 260 miles the other way. I cannot get any flood light locally. Or many regular light bulbs either.

I am all LED except my floods. I would like bright ones, screw base dimmable of course.

Those of you that have great LED flood lights where did you get them, and any possible links? When you look online you get overwhelmed with them and after a while none of them look good enough. I would say price is no object, but I do not want to go overboard. Also would spots be better? I have a couple very bright LED spots but have a very narrow beam.

Thanks...........

I have a bunch of LED Flood from Greg Renna (forum's Ponddude). His company is.. SeasonalEntertainment I think.. http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com. he has some great LEDFloodlight kits and assembled boards.. abt $25/board. Super bright! I have 7 of the older RainbowFloods, and 6 of the older RainbowSpots, they all were you-build kits, went together in abt an hour.. fast shipping from NJ.. Two thumbs up from me. :P

For screw in dimmable LED floods like you asked for, then Minions web is probably the best game in town.

The floods from Greg Renna mentioned above are great quality but they are not screw in. You will have to purchase the LOR DC card, a power supply from a 3rd party to use them, or control them using DMX

I too have Greg's original floods; even though not screw in, they are great. He has a new Extreme Flood out this year. It comes assembled and in the fixture. http://seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/product.php?id_product=77 This is brand new and I haven't ordered one yet, but I am sure it is as advertised based on last year's model. I use DMX to control his floods.

If you're handy with working with aluminum, buy the 10W blue and a 10W green with a 20W red led from ebay. They each work with 12v, the 10W red runs on 7.6V and needs a sizable resistor to work on 12V. These will really wash a wall nicely, but they do create a lot of heat, therefore need to be in an aluminum enclosure.

I think the Minions Web site might have what I want, but it is impossible to navigate in there and you cant read anything with all that weird color/font combination. So after 20 minutes of me and the wife trying to find anything we gave up.

So I emailed them and asked them to point me to the LED flood lights as I could not find the in there. I did finally find the LED bulb spec page. I think the 120 led bulbs are what I want....

However I did get one of those red light led assemblies that is 12 inch in diameter with a hundred or so really bright LED's going tonight on my Halloween show. WOW is it bright and wide. It covers half of the house only about 15 feet out. (at about a 45 degree angle) I got it and a green one off ebay for 20 bucks. The green had a screw base, and the red just had a power pigtail. (120v) Both are way bright and dimmable. :P

Try this:

http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=flood&x=6&y=12

If you are looking at the smaller spots (MR16 style). also consider these:

http://www.christmasinkent.com/MR16sales/MR16sales.htm

Kevin has a great product, great service.

I had a bad first experience with Minions, took another chance with them on a christmas pre-order purchase and much better the second time around. I think you'll find the customer experience varies a bit if you search the forums.

I ordered some from Wowlights last week, they are in transit right now, red and green screw in type...about average in price from what I've researched at 34 a piece. IF I was more electrically inclined, I"d do the flood kits, but I like the screw and go for time savings...uh, you know what I mean...:D:D

Thanks.... I have "discovered" the 120 led lights in the Minion site.

here is a couple of pics of the traffic light I was talking about. 8 bucks off ebay free shipping.

DSCN0702.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

OK... I get to change this a third time. Got to talk to Cory at Minion. Very pleasant person to talk to. Got 120 bulbs coming. He is the only site that came up while looking for 120 led bulbs.... Good price too....