Light-O-Rama Forums

Weber, Spiral, Mega Tree Construction

Scott T

Last year was the first year we added this highly desirable effect. WOW, what a reaction from our guest. Love it !!!!!

For what its worth, I have attached a guide on how I built mine. There are a lot of links at the end of the document that are helpful.

Scott T

Attached files SilverdaleLightsSpiralMegaTreeConstructionGuide.pdf

stanward wrote:

Very confusing, I need more time to digest this information!!!

I tried to put as much detail in as possible. I wrote this last year after successfully completing my tree and seeing how it handle the wind. Its not an easy read even for me because of the detail.

If there is any clarification please ask. I will do my best to explain. I will be rebuilding the tree from scratch the first week of November. Because I left in on my deck for two months and the UV killed all the color in my lights. ouch!

I still need a good way to lower, package and store once the season it over.

I can tell you this, last year we had very high winds and I watched the tree hold up to great resistance while providing an awesome display.

Scott T

Wow thank you so much! I experimented last year with adding a few spirals to my tree to see If I liked it and this year I bought all the Christmas light show products to make my tree strong and ease the pain when setting it up because I planned to go all out and do the entire tree a spiral tree.

Thanks again for the ideas!

• 1 year later...

Scott,  

Can you forward your document again....I'm thinking about a spiral mega tree for this year.

thanks

Barry