Light-O-Rama Forums

My Halloween Videos On-Line!

Guest guest

Okay, the videos are not the greatest quality and I had to do this with a micro-miniature tripod mounted from the top of my car, since we have one neighbor that insists they are going to park both their vehicles in the open spots in front of the display that lives in another building. So I wouldn't even be able to get video of the display when they come in. So we're leaving our cars parked in our spots. Hate to do it, but......

Otherwise would have shot some video from the other side of the parking lot and gotten almost the entire display into the video shots, as it is, it's pan back and forth and up and down from the roof of my vehicle, just glad I have a moon roof I can open!

Again not the best quality videos, but you can get a good idea of my setup.

More to come when I can get time to video some of the other songs I have done.

Anyway, here's the link to the 6 videos I shot Sunday night (10/02/2011) of my Halloween display at our apartment complex:

http://www.vimeo.com/groups/109696

Enjoy the videos.

BTW: the user name on my Vimeo account is Cataptra LeMagicka, just so you know they are my videos.:P

~Orville~

P.S. Already have had over 100 compliments on the display from our apartment community residents and many of their friends they've invited or brought over to view the display in operation. And a few of those sequences are still in dire need of "fixing" as they were last years tossed in that I haven't had time to redo yet :shock: and were some of my first attempts at this kind of animated display. But as most folks know, the general public just don't notice these, but we sure do.:):D

Attached files 267425=14816-Halloween_Night_Views-2011_016_small.jpg

Just added 4 new videos to the mix. The new videos were shot back from a distance to try and get more of the display in them. Not sure if they worked out very well though.

Also fixed the one arch (second one) that somehow I just didn't notice that 1/2 of the first set of Orange lights weren't even working when I shot the first vids of the display. I'll blame that on the angle from the shooting the display from the roof of my vehicle.

Would have gotten more vids of other songs done in the display Wednesday night, but it started raining and had to call it quits! Especially since my camera isn't waterproof!

Anyway the songs in the vids I uploaded to vimeo are:

"Bodicea Bells" (my own special rendition, created from a MIDI I did years ago, then a few years ago added the hard bell tones, then converted it to an MP3 for use in my Halloween Display.)

"Lullabye" from the movie: "Rosemary's Baby"

"No One Lives Forever" (forgotten who sings this one)

"The Good Times GooseBumps Motel" by: Judy Pancoast

Enjoy the new vids.