Jump to content

Strange issue with one sequence


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I ran my show last night. I found a little bug I couldn't fix in the time I had last night. I'm going to work on it more today but I thought I'd start looking for ideas too. Here is the problem: I have 80 channels of 5 DIY deluxe 16 channel controllers. In one sequence I have about 6 channels coming on that shouldn't be! This part of the sequence only uses the star and megatree. My megatree uses 2 controllers at addresses 4 & 5. The star uses 2 channels from the controller at id 2. Now here is the problem: About 6 other channels come on that should not be. 4 of them are from the controller at ID 2. 2 of them are from the controller at ID 3. In the sequencer those channels are off. I have gone through & verified my channel settings in each row of the sequence. I use the same channel configuration for my other sequences without any problems.

Here are the ideas I have and plan on trying today:
- Re-import the channel configuration
- Try a backup of the sequence from several days ago
- Try running the sequence from a different computer
- Create a new sequence then copy & paste everything over.
- I shortened the sequence without shortening the audio file. Today I'll try shortening the audio file as well.
- Any other ideas I may come up with while working on this!

If anyone knows a fix or has more ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's going to sound stupid, but double check the channels, again.

I had a sequence giving me fits ... couldn't figure it out. Got to the point where I asked Dan for help. The problem? A duplicated channel in the sequence.

(It's a long shot, I know.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

It's going to sound stupid, but double check the channels, again.

I had a sequence giving me fits ... couldn't figure it out. Got to the point where I asked Dan for help. The problem? A duplicated channel in the sequence.

(It's a long shot, I know.)

I just went through and cleaned up my sequences per your suggestion. I had about 10 unused channels in my sequences I removed. I double-checked each and every channel against my master spreadsheet. I was really hoping to find something but I did not :{. I will have to go try the cleaned up sequence in a bit to see if that changed anything :P
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I tried several things with 0 luck.

-I cleaned up my channel configuration & double-checked the channel assignments against my master spreadsheet.

- I tried a backup from a few days ago and it too caused the lights to come on but in a slightly different spot (maybe a few seconds later?)

- I tried a different computer & it happened at the exact same time in the sequence.

- I shortened the audio file to the same length as the sequence

- I tried resetting all of my controllers by unplugging 1 at a time, setting it's address to 0, plugging it in, unplugging it, setting it back to the appropriate address.

- I tried changing the network speed - made no difference.

- I tried playing it back at 1/2 speed - problem still occured.

I feel pretty strongly that there is something wrong with the sequence. I pin-pointed 2 exact spots they always seem to turn on around. I will have to study that area when I have more time later today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had time to try a few more things...

- Disabled one of the channels all together - the light still came on!

- Added an on event very shortly after the ligts are turned on. The lights that should be off turn off after the on event & stay off. The megatree continues on to do the same thing after that correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...