Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange issue with one sequence

Guest guest

Hello everyone,

I ran my show last night. I found a little bug I couldn't fix in the time I had last night. I'm going to work on it more today but I thought I'd start looking for ideas too. Here is the problem: I have 80 channels of 5 DIY deluxe 16 channel controllers. In one sequence I have about 6 channels coming on that shouldn't be! This part of the sequence only uses the star and megatree. My megatree uses 2 controllers at addresses 4 & 5. The star uses 2 channels from the controller at id 2. Now here is the problem: About 6 other channels come on that should not be. 4 of them are from the controller at ID 2. 2 of them are from the controller at ID 3. In the sequencer those channels are off. I have gone through & verified my channel settings in each row of the sequence. I use the same channel configuration for my other sequences without any problems.

Here are the ideas I have and plan on trying today:
- Re-import the channel configuration
- Try a backup of the sequence from several days ago
- Try running the sequence from a different computer
- Create a new sequence then copy & paste everything over.
- I shortened the sequence without shortening the audio file. Today I'll try shortening the audio file as well.
- Any other ideas I may come up with while working on this!

If anyone knows a fix or has more ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

It's going to sound stupid, but double check the channels, again.

I had a sequence giving me fits ... couldn't figure it out. Got to the point where I asked Dan for help. The problem? A duplicated channel in the sequence.

(It's a long shot, I know.)

Don wrote:

It's going to sound stupid, but double check the channels, again.

I had a sequence giving me fits ... couldn't figure it out. Got to the point where I asked Dan for help. The problem? A duplicated channel in the sequence.

(It's a long shot, I know.)

I just went through and cleaned up my sequences per your suggestion. I had about 10 unused channels in my sequences I removed. I double-checked each and every channel against my master spreadsheet. I was really hoping to find something but I did not :{. I will have to go try the cleaned up sequence in a bit to see if that changed anything :P

Well, I tried several things with 0 luck.

-I cleaned up my channel configuration & double-checked the channel assignments against my master spreadsheet.

- I tried a backup from a few days ago and it too caused the lights to come on but in a slightly different spot (maybe a few seconds later?)

- I tried a different computer & it happened at the exact same time in the sequence.

- I shortened the audio file to the same length as the sequence

- I tried resetting all of my controllers by unplugging 1 at a time, setting it's address to 0, plugging it in, unplugging it, setting it back to the appropriate address.

- I tried changing the network speed - made no difference.

- I tried playing it back at 1/2 speed - problem still occured.

I feel pretty strongly that there is something wrong with the sequence. I pin-pointed 2 exact spots they always seem to turn on around. I will have to study that area when I have more time later today.

Had time to try a few more things...

- Disabled one of the channels all together - the light still came on!

- Added an on event very shortly after the ligts are turned on. The lights that should be off turn off after the on event & stay off. The megatree continues on to do the same thing after that correctly.