Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween lanterns up and running!

Arnoldc

Arnold - Watching your Music Box Dancer show; if you can control the blue and green vertical bars seperately, you might be interested in my LOR sequence for a 32-key piano.

See the second song on:

I think I need to add a light post to the corner of my yard. Can you post the link to Oroville's flicker technique? Curious if you're controlling all the neighbors lights, although they look to be standalone.

sadayo wrote:

I think I need to add a light post to the corner of my yard. Can you post the link to Oroville's flicker technique? Curious if you're controlling all the neighbors lights, although they look to be standalone.

Here you go. Download and modify/cut/paste into your own sequences. I cut and paste this into musical sequences so the Jack O' Lanterns in my display are lit and look like they have candles in them instead of a C7 bulb. Effect works best with an Orange bulb for Jack O' Lanterns. But works great for any light strings, incandescent bulb or LED strings too.

And here's the animation file that creates the effect: (right click to download and save the file to your computer).

Attached files Flickering Jack-O-Lanterns.las

sadayo wrote:

I am controlling all my neighbors lights as well. Out of 11 of us, I am only using 6 channels, so there is some duplication, but you got to really look and see.
Orville was kind enough to post it up before I saw this. It really is a cool effect!

Thanks for the sequence! I like that it's a long-running one. I must have missed reading the logistics behind this. Are you using your own electricity and extension cords to run all of this? Or is this done wirelessly?

sadayo wrote:

Thanks for the sequence! I like that it's a long-running one. I must have missed reading the logistics behind this. Are you using your own electricity and extension cords to run all of this? Or is this done wirelessly?
I used orvilles sequencing and made a minute out of it.. Then varied each channel so it would look different.
Yeah, I am using my own chords and electricity. That is what happens when you get a crazy idea without really thinking about it. I have 3 chords crossing the drive way (there are 7 homes on that side) and I have 3 on my side. I used my standard extension chords for this project, next year, I will use STP wire and add a lot more stuff to it.
Now with that said, the whole town home complex (39 homes) wants me to do these for their house as well. Since i did these for free, I told them they need to fork out some cash so I can make it happen. IF I do that, I will have the controllers scattered throughout the complex so I dont need a billgillion chords. But that is next year..