Light-O-Rama Forums

how to turn pc on at a certain time

creepingdth

hi, this isn't a lor question but while i'm waiting for the starter packages to go on sale i'm running a holiday light show for my halloween set up. my question is, i was using an mp3 player for it, but it's giving me a headache so i was going to use my netbook, is there a way to turn my netbook on at a certain time and have it start playing my music? i'm pretty sure the lor software does this for you, i hope, please let me know if it does, but since i don't have a lor yet i'm trying to get by. thanks.

With the LOR scheduler you turn the show on at scheduled times. Windows does not have a feature to turn on by schedules. You could have another show turn on the pc - but why?

There's a couple ways to turn on your netbook on a scheduler.

1. Go into the BIOS settings and find the power management settings. In there, you can set an alarm to wake up your computer. You should also make sure your BIOS clock is correct when you set the alarm.

2. Set a Windows task scheduled event to wake from sleep/hibernation mode. This means your netbook isn't truly off though.

3. Just don't turn off your netbook. Those things are supposed to be power sippers anyway.