Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstrings

eschlomach

All my planning this year has been for all of my elements to have red, white, and green lights. Today im thinking about doing away with the green and changing it to blue. What do you think? red white and blue or red white and green?

I used red white and green. One could argue to use red, green, and blue, thus creating RGB strings in a sense. When all on, it could create a whitish look (or quite white from a distance). Could use the RGB tool in the sequencer with those.

I have red white green also, did red white blue for the 4th display.

I do have some RGB floods and wall runners, so blue would actually be nice in the Christmas display. But I think I would add it and have Red white green and blue

Blue incandescent minis are not very good. In our strong sun they fade to near white in 1 season. Also, because they are painted bulbs they are dark compared to other colors.

By the way, Home Depot has plugs back in stock.

I have red, blue, and green on my mini-trees...red, white, and green on 3 robellini palms I have.

Why do you feel you need to chose one over the other? Can you mix it up a bit?

ainsworth wrote:

Blue incandescent minis are not very good. In our strong sun they fade to near white in 1 season. Also, because they are painted bulbs they are dark compared to other colors.

Agree...they should be LEDs. Blue incandescents tend to have the blue paint chip off in the cold snowstorms here. Plus you are right, they are too dark. Not a problem with either with LEDs.

The SS for the house, mega & minitrees are RGB incands. From a distance (street), when the several places in songs have them all come up, they look white. I have 8 RGB minitreees now with 8 more, and another megatree to build, but with the derth, absence, paucity, lack, of green in the stores, I will prob have to switch the greens in all the SS to white just to keep it uniform across the yard. Last year I didnt get to clean out CVS, Walgreens and WalMart of their after-christmas sales as I had the several years before.

i'm red green white...I was just red and white last year, you dont have to choose Blue over green, but I think it is good when you go all one color on certain things...if had blue in my display, I'd run 4 colors on everything...just me, I'm a little OCD that way

I think im just gonna stick with the red green and white for this year and add the blue next year. Im looking to build several 20 foot arches with blue leds. im hoping to get them when Creative Displays has another sale. Not sure what type of led is the best for arches though. any suggestions?

I ran into a little problem this year making arches using 3/4" pvc and 4" spaced led lights. As I wrapped the lights around the PVC they started to line up and slowly move around to the back of the pipe. Looked really bad.

What I found was that if I untwisted the wire between the bulbs I got just enough extra length so that I could force them to all line up on the side of the arch facing the street.

If you come by the house I will show you what I mean.

ainsworth wrote:

I ran into a little problem this year making arches using 3/4" pvc and 4" spaced led lights. As I wrapped the lights around the PVC they started to line up and slowly move around to the back of the pipe. Looked really bad.

What I found was that if I untwisted the wire between the bulbs I got just enough extra length so that I could force them to all line up on the side of the arch facing the street.

If you come by the house I will show you what I mean.

I had the same problem. You can alleviate this in two ways: 1) use 1" PVC, which will change it so they don't line up; or 2) don't wrap the lights so tight. That's what I did and they look fine now.

ainsworth wrote:

Yup, I use all LEDs