Light-O-Rama Forums

Lowe's and Home Depot Lights

magish01

Next door neighbor is a Home Depot manager. Came over last night and told me their lights were in and they had set them up yesterday. Asked about GREEN!!! He said they only were getting Martha Stewart C3 LED's in green. He didn't even see any incans in green.

Checked my local Lowe's this morning and they had there lights in the process of being put out, but they did have their rack "Plan-O-Grams" taped to the shelves. Checked them all out and saw they would have green incans but not a green LED to be found (Red, Blue, White, Multi) only

WHAT ARE WE TO DO???!!!!

I have checked Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target and Menards and the color selection is very limited in LED so far. My display is almost all multi-color and blue mini LED strands, but I am planing on adding red and green to the mega tree, so I may need to order online.

I bought some 50 ct at Home Depot and was not happy with them. Took them straight back the next day. Dang things holding still flickered like no tomorrow. Got head ache in just a few seconds. Boxed them suckers right back up. Now I am not real happy with the ones from Walmart, but at least they did not appear to flicker holding them still. Though the slightest movement got them flickering. I am not talking about really going all out fanning them, but just slow movement.

• 2 weeks later...

magish01 wrote:

Next door neighbor is a Home Depot manager. Came over last night and told me their lights were in and they had set them up yesterday. Asked about GREEN!!! He said they only were getting Martha Stewart C3 LED's in green. He didn't even see any incans in green.

Checked my local Lowe's this morning and they had there lights in the process of being put out, but they did have their rack "Plan-O-Grams" taped to the shelves. Checked them all out and saw they would have green incans but not a green LED to be found (Red, Blue, White, Multi) only

WHAT ARE WE TO DO???!!!!

I bought some of the same green Martha Stewart C3 lights at HD. I can't get them to fade up and down properly. I tried a snubber and it still doesn't work. They start dim then a quick bright then dim and then off. Not smooth up and down. Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong?

Richard M wrote:

magish01 wrote:
Next door neighbor is a Home Depot manager.  Came over last night and told me their lights were in and they had set them up yesterday.  Asked about GREEN!!!  He said they only were getting Martha Stewart C3 LED's in green.  He didn't even see any incans in green.

Checked my local Lowe's this morning and they had there lights in the process of being put out, but they did have their rack "Plan-O-Grams" taped to the shelves.  Checked them all out and saw they would have green incans but not a green LED to be found (Red, Blue, White, Multi) only

WHAT ARE WE TO DO???!!!!

I bought some of the same green Martha Stewart C3 lights at HD.  I can't get them to fade up and down properly.  I tried a snubber and it still doesn't work.  They start dim then a quick bright then dim and then off.  Not smooth up and down.  Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong?

Is the box labeled as dimable?

Some LED strings are not designed to be dimmed. They can be destroyed when subjected to dimming.

Don't know about yours, I never buy LEDs from retail stores.

I've purchased both the Lowes and Target LED's as well as the LED from Wallgreens and have not had a problem with the flickering...I did have to use a snubber for sections that had over 10 sets connected but paying $3-$8 bucks a set with a Glade snubber seemed better than the price of the online even with the sale...IMHO

Max-Paul wrote:

I bought some 50 ct at Home Depot and was not happy with them. Took them straight back the next day. Dang things holding still flickered like no tomorrow. Got head ache in just a few seconds. Boxed them suckers right back up. Now I am not real happy with the ones from Walmart, but at least they did not appear to flicker holding them still. Though the slightest movement got them flickering. I am not talking about really going all out fanning them, but just slow movement.

I will not buy and Home Depot Store Brand Lights, they are terrible. I noticed that Lowes has Store Brand LED lights, I would think That GE makes them for them.