Light-O-Rama Forums

How to sync multiple channels?

CLD Kevin

I have 5 tracks within my sequences. In each track I created a “Beat” channel. It’s not assigned to any controller...I just use it so I can actually see where the beats are within the song. I have this “Beat” channel at the top of each track and also in the middle and bottom of a couple of the longer tracks.

Here is my question...every time I change the “Beat” channel on track 1, track 5 automatically copies and makes any changes that I made…and vise-versa. I did not purposely set this up and I don’t know how I did it. I would like to get all my “Beat” channels to synchronize so any time I find a mistake and want to change the “Beat” channel...all of them change.

Kevin

Cracker wrote:

I have 5 tracks within my sequences. In each track I created a “Beat” channel. It’s not assigned to any controller...I just use it so I can actually see where the beats are within the song. I have this “Beat” channel at the top of each track and also in the middle and bottom of a couple of the longer tracks.

Here is my question...every time I change the “Beat” channel on track 1, track 5 automatically copies and makes any changes that I made…and vise-versa. I did not purposely set this up and I don’t know how I did it. I would like to get all my “Beat” channels to synchronize so any time I find a mistake and want to change the “Beat” channel...all of them change.

Kevin

Wouldn't you in say track one right click the beat track and select copy to track?

Cracker wrote:

...every time I change the “Beat” channel on track 1, track 5 automatically copies and makes any changes that I made…and vise-versa... I would like to get all my “Beat” channels to synchronize so any time I find a mistake and want to change the “Beat” channel...all of them change.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Aren't they already doing what you said you want them to do?

George Simmons wrote:

Cracker wrote:
...every time I change the “Beat” channel on track 1, track 5 automatically copies and makes any changes that I made…and vise-versa... I would like to get all my “Beat” channels to synchronize so any time I find a mistake and want to change the “Beat” channel...all of them change.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Aren't they already doing what you said you want them to do?

My question is, its doing what you said you wanted it to do, so what is the question??...If your Track 1 is your master or working track, which has all channels, that would make sense, its inherent in the software, but if your track 1 only has say mini trees, and track 2 is mega trees, I think a change in the beat track would only follow the track you made it in. I don't believe, even with a master track that if you made a change in track 5 of the "beat" channel, that it would change the 'beat' channel in say track 3, only in 5 and the master track which should be track 1.

Does that make sense?

George Simmons wrote:

Cracker wrote:

No...Only Track 1 & 5 Beat channels are sync. Tracks 3, 4 and 5 Beat channels dont sync with anything. I have to manually copy and paste. I want all 5 Tracks "Beat" channels to be in sync or auto copy whenever I made a change to any of these 5 channels.

thevikester wrote:

My question is, its doing what you said you wanted it to do, so what is the question??...If your Track 1 is your master or working track, which has all channels, that would make sense, its inherent in the software, but if your track 1 only has say mini trees, and track 2 is mega trees, I think a change in the beat track would only follow the track you made it in. I don't believe, even with a master track that if you made a change in track 5 of the "beat" channel, that it would change the 'beat' channel in say track 3, only in 5 and the master track which should be track 1.

Does that make sense?

Awww, I think you stubbled onto something. I had to read you reply 5 times to understand it.

In Track 1, I have the very first row blank (at very top right under the scale)...then 2nd row as the Beat channel. 3rd row blank again, then the 4th row and on are my actual channels I'm seq. This is set up the same with Track 5, but track 2, 3 and 4 dont have the fist row blank channel. I started right off with the Beat channel. Maybe if I make it the same...it will populate?

Nevermind...that didnt work.

Thanks PaulXmas...I overlooked your reply. That was it.

I right click on the Beat channel from Track 1 and copied to Tracks 2, 3 & 4. It added it to the bottom of those tracks, but I just moved it to the top and deleted the previous Beat channel. Now ever time I make a change to any of the "Beat" channels on any Track...they all change.

Thanks!