Light-O-Rama Forums

setup with VPN

Guest guest

I am using tight VPN and when I put the computer out in the garage, I started it and windows was waiting for a mouse or keyboard before it would continue to load. How do I get windows to ignore the fact that there isn't a mouse on the machine?

Hmmm, good one, not sure why the VPN would require that. I'm not sure of the setup....is it a laptop?

How do you plan on managing the PC, unless you are trying to use some type of Remote Proxy?

What's the point of the VPN?

musicman wrote:

I am using tight VPN and when I put the computer out in the garage, I started it and windows was waiting for a mouse or keyboard before it would continue to load. How do I get windows to ignore the fact that there isn't a mouse on the machine?

If I remember correctly, you need to have at least a keyboard to boot into Win98. Why not just leave the keyboard/mouse connected and just stash them behind the computer out of the way. Also, I assume you are talking about Tight VNC, the free remote control program. Is this correct?

Mark

Yes, I am talking about Tight VNC, sorry if I wrote it wrong, I was trying to remember as I was typing. I guess I should have looked to be more accurate :laughing:

The reason I am doing the virtual is because the lights are at my parents house and to begin the season, the shows are only going to be on the weekend, so my dad is going to have to restart the computer on friday so that they show starts. Is there an easier way then to log into the computer and start the schedule editor so the show starts? Also, I'm sure some people have found this out, it's a way to fix it just in case something goes wrong with the computer. I don't want a monitor on it since it is out in the garage.

Thanks again

Rob

musicman wrote:

Yes, I am talking about Tight VNC, sorry if I wrote it wrong, I was trying to remember as I was typing. I guess I should have looked to be more accurate :laughing:

The reason I am doing the virtual is because the lights are at my parents house and to begin the season, the shows are only going to be on the weekend, so my dad is going to have to restart the computer on friday so that they show starts. Is there an easier way then to log into the computer and start the schedule editor so the show starts? Also, I'm sure some people have found this out, it's a way to fix it just in case something goes wrong with the computer. I don't want a monitor on it since it is out in the garage.

Thanks again

Rob

Why don't you leave the computer on and logged in? Just schedule the shows for the days you want. If you don't want the shows to run Mon-Thur, don't schedule a show those days. It should be easy to accomplish this with the schedule editor.