Light-O-Rama Forums

I Pretty Much Cleaned Out Lowe's Today

jim6918

And I'm not ashamed either. I use green incandescent 100 ct mini's for two live trees in my front yard and was really sweating out making the change to LED's in the trees because they are so hard to put up that I just leave them over the summer and hope that at least some of the strings still light the following year. About half usually don't light again and I have to replace. At $10 - $15 per strings LED's would kill the bank account as I use 26 strings for both trees.

I happened into a local Lowe's this morning looking for a drywall project and saw the employees unpacking lights and putting them on the shelf. As fast as they would unpack cases of green, I was loading them into a cart. I bought 104 boxes of green, 72 boxes of red and 72 boxes of clear. The manager thought it was hysterical. WE wheeled out 3 carts full of lights.

I feel like the woman who is hoarding incadesecent house light bulbs, but I am now set for about the next 4 years. By then I will have thought of a different way to light up the branches oy the two trees.

Did the manager cut you a deal? I was able to get 33% off when buying a case both from Target and Lowes. They were at full price (no sales) at the time. Even if not, you got what you wanted and having items in stock really helps.

Oh yeah... are they all up yet???

Hey, Im flying high right now now having to worry about the expense of LED's plus some 2011 additions (pending at least one PC controller). The manager gave me 25 cents off each box, which is not quite 10%. I was happy to get them at almost any price. Trees start getting worked on next weekend.

Jim,
Next time you make a large purchase at Lowes, go to the Post Office first
and pick up up or ask for a moving pamphlet (envelope). Inside there is a 10%
off on your next purchase at Lowes.
Also, my Home depots here will honor the Lowes coupon as a competitor coupon.